Aluminum Drive Shaft****Where to buy?

Chris McDade

Guys, looking to upgrade my drive shaft. Where is the best place to get a aluminum one at?

Thanks in advance.

PST
Precision Shaft tech, in FL.
First rate folks to deal with. Reasonable pricing, and quik service...

Precision Shaft Technologies, Carbon Fiber Driveshafts and Racing Shafts

That's where I got mine. You'll need to measure seal to seal to get the perfect fit with the car on the ground. Also think about upgrading to 1350 on the rearend too. The alum 3.5 is MUCH lighter. Granted I live a couple hours from them, but I ordered a custom length shaft on Fri and it showed up Monday. I think I measured about 57 1/2 inches seal to seal with the car on the ground for the stock 200 to the stock 8.5.

I have an Inland Empire 3.5" Aluminum and I thought it was a great deal with the 1350 Spicer. Here are the weights I took....

Stocker = 16.5lbs
3.5" Aluminum = 14.25lbs

I went with Denny's 3.5" Nitrous Ready (steel) with cromoly 1350 yokes for peace of mind. Wish I had weighed it before it went in now for comparison. Can't go wrong replacing the stocker.:biggrin:

Chris, I've purchased 3 shafts from them.
1 Alum for the GN. I used a MW 1350 yoke on the stock rearend.
1. Alum for the HEMI car. 1350 on the Dana.
1. Steel for the 55. 1330 "SPL" yoke on the 9". [$279.00]

Never waited more than 2-4 days for it to show up!

Dynotech in MI is great.

MMX 3.5" Aluminum and they have the specs. on file for a stock size GN with Spicer U-Joints.

verrtical_whole_shaft.jpg

can't go wrong with pst, denny's, or strange engineering. I got mine from strange but that's becuase i am friends with tony christian and get a good discount.

Dynotech used to build them for us years ago, they are GREAT and dolots of OEM shafts. I would reccomend them highly
Mike

trans yoke

If you are currently, or plan on in the future, of making big HP. I suggest you get the chromoley trans yoke.