American Racing Track Star

Trak Star's

I recently purchased a set for my '87...I'm still in the process of my Suspension Upgrade, here's a few pics with them on the car during mock-up. Hope to have car finished in the next couple weeks...

03-29-08010.jpg

03-29-08011.jpg

03-29-08002.jpg

04-23-08003.jpg

How about the frame is it notched ? Is the quarter rolled ? I just want to make sure I get the right size and backspace before I order them.

Thanks again

How about the frame is it notched ? Is the quarter rolled ? I just want to make sure I get the right size and backspace before I order them.

Thanks again

No frame notch, there's about 3/8" to 1/2" from sidewall to frame with BFG 275's. I'm going to roll the lip at the top, my car sits pretty low...John

John

Thanks for the help, and pics to go along its much appreciated.

Thanks again
Frank

Looks good,I wanted to buy these also....is that a 275/50? or 60? I run a 275/60....and I dont have a rolled quarter or frame notch. I only run a 7 in wheel now and want an 8 because I want to also go to a 28x10 inch slick. My car is also lowered I have the eibach springs and painted recently so I dont want to try and roll the quarters now:rolleyes: ...they sure look like they fit nice with the 4inch back space...I may have to order a set:D And one more question...did you buy those wheels with the center like that? Or did you have them anodized?I thought they were polished...I would rather have what you got though.Ill wait for your response...thanks

there is a street version of that same wheel.. looks a lot better unless u are specifically looking for track use.. i think the street version is trac star ss. i saw them first on GN and wanted them ever since.

I called American Racing and they said that the Trak Star was discontinued??? He said what is out there is all that is left so if you want them you better buy them now. Figures,I dont want to buy a wheel that if I bend one I cant replace it:(

I was thinking of using these also- I think they look BADASS! What size front tires are on the 4"s?

I called American Racing and they said that the Trak Star was discontinued??? He said what is out there is all that is left so if you want them you better buy them now. Figures,I dont want to buy a wheel that if I bend one I cant replace it:([/QUO

Thats really just great I was going to order them as soon as I sold my old Welds guess NOT!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up

I called American Racing and they said that the Trak Star was discontinued??? He said what is out there is all that is left so if you want them you better buy them now. Figures,I dont want to buy a wheel that if I bend one I cant replace it:([/QUO

Thats really just great I was going to order them as soon as I sold my old Welds guess NOT!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up

Call American Racing 1-800-959-1969,I asked the guy 3 times to make sure and he said last summer they were discontinued. I coundnt believe it. He said there werent enough orders for them.:mad:

Looks good,I wanted to buy these also....is that a 275/50? or 60? I run a 275/60....and I dont have a rolled quarter or frame notch. I only run a 7 in wheel now and want an 8 because I want to also go to a 28x10 inch slick. My car is also lowered I have the eibach springs and painted recently so I dont want to try and roll the quarters now:rolleyes: ...they sure look like they fit nice with the 4inch back space...I may have to order a set:D And one more question...did you buy those wheels with the center like that? Or did you have them anodized?I thought they were polished...I would rather have what you got though.Ill wait for your response...thanks

The BFG's are 275/60/15's. The wheels I got are the first set I've seen with the colored centers. I was surprised they came that way, the boxes were marked "Trak Star Titanium". I thought it was a good look on the GN.

The BFG's are 275/60/15's. The wheels I got are the first set I've seen with the colored centers. I was surprised they came that way, the boxes were marked "Trak Star Titanium". I thought it was a good look on the GN.

Cool want to sell them:biggrin: just kidding,I would take my chances they would look good on my car with that color center.

Trak Star Titanium

Cool want to sell them:biggrin: just kidding,I would take my chances they would look good on my car with that color center.

I was thinking they would Killer on your car when I saw the color of your car in your post...

sure do look nice ... maybe they didn't sell because they are "RACE USE ONLY" :wink:

They look pretty sharp. Wonder why they didn't make a beefier street version.