Another 2012 rule suggestion for ths

KevinB

Since the official rules weren't posted yet, what's everyone's view on being required to use stock style springs in the rear? I would like to see it opened up to allow coil over springs (not coil over shocks.)
What's everyone think?

I say keep the stock springs.
DDay

I think I tried to use coil over springs on the front not over the shock and was told no. We had multiple springs we could sample for ride height and there are many options, I believe they were the skinny 3 inch ones.
If we allow any spring for the rear we should for the front also.
I don't really care either way but if allowed on rear should do front.

I would rather do both ends in coil overs though if allowed to.

I don't understand why stock style springs are required. I would say let the 2.5" in as long as they are in the stock location. They are not going to take away from being a street car and I doubt anyone is going to run away with the class because of a set of springs.

I don't understand why stock style springs are required. I would say let the 2.5" in as long as they are in the stock location. They are not going to take away from being a street car and I doubt anyone is going to run away with the class because of a set of springs.

The 2.5" springs will help that new exhaust system I got fit better too lol.

Kevin... I think that it is like the glass hood... you going to have people like David... who will say that "its already been covered move on" in a thread meant to discuss all the rules for the new season... some people do not want anything other than what is on their car...... I personally think that things like cutting the frame "frame notched" should not be allowed, but then David's car would be knocked out....and unlike some... I dont want to knock out competitors....

I think that the springs as well as the glass hood when you already allow glass bumpers and notched frames should not be an issue what-so-ever. However, I am giving my opinion......which always seems controversial....:cool:

Since the official rules weren't posted yet, what's everyone's view on being required to use stock style springs in the rear? I would like to see it opened up to allow coil over springs (not coil over shocks.)
What's everyone think?

Just got to stir the pot don't you...LOL

Bryan

Kevin... I think that it is like the glass hood... you going to have people like David... who will say that "its already been covered move on" in a thread meant to discuss all the rules for the new season... some people do not want anything other than what is on their car...... I personally think that things like cutting the frame "frame notched" should not be allowed, but then David's car would be knocked out....and unlike some... I dont want to knock out competitors....

I think that the springs as well as the glass hood when you already allow glass bumpers and notched frames should not be an issue what-so-ever. However, I am giving my opinion......which always seems controversial....:cool:

I think it is not notched but wheelscustom offset.
I agree a steet car should not be notched or rolled lip. To get a great sixty foot neither is required.
I'm ok with coil overs both ends, glass hood, whatevr springs, 6766 T4, nitrous for spool, and 3300 lbs and pretty much anything you guys wanna do.
Id also like to lose the stock tank as long as u don't need the weight, id rather put my 12s back in than lug thetank around.

Sean, My frame is not notched, but wheels that fit the car make the tires clear. The reason I said something about the hood was becuase you had already been there done that,didnt think you should have to swap back. The reason I want to stay with stock springs is because it is a little late in the game ,as I have already installed the upper and lower control arms that G Body parts was nice enough to give me for winning THS in BG.Im sure Kevin can find a way to get that 10 pound exhaust installed,Clay got his in there.Flame suit on!!LOL. I think the rules we have are working and everyone is happy with them for the most part.
DDay

You guys are gonna get me divorced, more money on the cars if I bought a full coilover kit... I'm gonna have to setup an offshore company and 1099 it for services and then have them sponsor my car so none of it shows on my personal taxes... Oh, coilovers are cool with me!

yes, coil over springs in rears only, not coil over shocks. springs would have to be in the stock location. looks like we have 5 people that say ok

I vote no on rear springs just for exhaust?
If we can't change the front that makes zero sense.
If it isn't going coil overs they why not leave it stock style?
There's plenty room for exhaust.
I just think allowing any spring on one end but not the other is crazy

I called Kip in September and asked to use some borrowed smaller springs for the front
And was told no already so good luck on that

Why not just ask for any spring front or back in the stock location? Since none of you like coil overs which would really allow easier ride height changes