Another DLS 109 work of art

86brick said:
Your dad's car looks very nice with the Convo Pro's.. Thanks for sharing the latest progress pics on the motor, I notice you guys have the dual nozzles for the alky on the up pipe... Plan on trying to dip into the 9's on pump/alky?? :wink: :biggrin:

My Dad is old school. When he goes to the track it will be only C16. He sticks to what works best for him. Alky is for the street.

nice pics, thats the exact same turbo and exhaust housing i just bought, too bad i had to send it back :mad: stupid thing is leaking oil past the seal on at the turbine. needless to say i am pissed. it had about twenty minutes of idling time :mad: :mad:

Rich that's the exact same way my 71GTQ is. I just put a oil restrictor on it and it works perfectly. It can't handle lots of oil for whatever reason. There is no problem. They are just gonna send it back saying there is nothing wrong with it.

mike, thanks for the tip but, i will be very angry if they say thier is nothing wrong, my p-trim has no issues with no restrictor. the gtq smokes at idle with only 20 psi oil presure. they need to tighten up the clearances or something. i spoke to cal and he said that you shouldnt have to run a restrictor :confused: i am going to post this in the general section.

Dls

IS this a stroked 109 you know one of dan kits and i noticed no engine oil cooler adapter....any special reason???

Its a stock stroke. Your right it has no oil cooler. My Dad doesn't see the need for one. I guess its one of those things, it has not created a problem in the years he's had these cars. So he just leaves well enough alone. Not too mention he changes his oil so frequently its not funny.

Just finished up the car and fired it over. Perfect oil pressure, Vaccum at idle & water temp. Sounds sweet. I will post a sound clip tomorrow.

ttypewhite said:
Just finished up the car and fired it over. Perfect oil pressure, Vaccum at idle & water temp. Sounds sweet. I will post a sound clip tomorrow.

Sick, clip please!

ttypewhite said:
Its a stock stroke. Your right it has no oil cooler. My Dad doesn't see the need for one. I guess its one of those things, it has not created a problem in the years he's had these cars. So he just leaves well enough alone. Not too mention he changes his oil so frequently its not funny.
Dan told me not to use one :eek:

I am glad you are enjoying you DLS powerplant as much as I am mine :biggrin:

Dls

how noisy is the valve train???? are you useing je pistons and was there any piston slap upon start up?? thanks

The valve train sounds very good and surprisingly there is no piston slap on startup. I am very pleased with the sound of the valve train. You give her a slight touch of the throttle and it rpms instantly. Hopefully I can post a sound clip tonight.

The sound clip really doesn't do it any justice. I played it back and it sounds like a train. Nothing like what she really sounds like, but hey. Thats what you get for cheaping out on a digital camera. :biggrin: Keep a eye on my hand, I am barely touching the throttle and she wants to go.
DSC01847.jpg

Sound Clip
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/baa3b2dc-2224-4053-b177-986500cd762a.htm

mike it sounds amazing. nothing sounds better than a healthy roller turbo buick :cool:

Thanks. Finally got both of these cars out the garage so I could clean it up. What a mess you can make when you can't drive them in and out of the garage.
DSC01858.jpg

DSC01860.jpg

DSC01859-1.jpg

DSC01868-1.jpg

What flexplate is that you're using? noticed the 6 holes like a balanced stock replacement and 6 torque converter bolts... is it not a JW wheel?
Thanks,
John