another excessive knock thread...

chumanga

well i just got my new boost gauge in today and well when i make it past 0 i start to get knock... im not sure where to start, and dont know how to determine false knock or not.

help please, if you need more info ill be watching this thread like a hawk... :D

I have learned alot about knock these past few weeks but by no means do I know it all. If you read my thread-Race gas-How much improvement- you will see the problems and solutions I had. I didn't post a last comment that I had over reduced the waste gate actuator so that the car was a dog. It runs fine now. How do you know if you have knock? You need either a scan tool or a knock gauge. Thanks-Brad

You are out of me league on how to solve your problem. I do not know your mods and setup of your engine. Mine was simple- reduce boost to 12lbs and increase octane. I did blow up an engine last year because I did not have a knock gauge. I would list your current setup and let other people respond. Another great source is WWW.GNTYYPE.ORG . Ken Mosher can help you alot. Brad

mods.. port & polished heads and intake, lee thompson 3" dp, uprgraded factory turbo, adj fpr, 009 injectors, hot wired wb340 fp, deltagate, 87 ecm and maf, red armstrong chip and uhhh i think thats it forged pistons if that matters

well i cant really reduce the boost =) im gettin knock at like 1psi. its full of fresh 93 octane

and its going to be a street car not race so id like to be able to drive it =)

ooo ya its has a 206/206 cam

what is your fuel pressure set at and if its set does it rise when you start to make boost and is the fuel pump pumpin right or the relay its a lack of fuel in my opinion

good luck

Originally posted by chumanga
well i just got my new boost gauge in today and well when i make it past 0 i start to get knock... im not sure where to start, and dont know how to determine false knock or not.

I know it STINKS as I CLEARLY remember 1 PSI knock!!
Where is the boost gage hooked up and how much KR are you seeing?

my gauge is t'ed into the line going to my adjustable boost reg in the car, which is t'ed off of the line going to the waste gate

seeing about 1.5 im going to check the false knock list, my LT DP didnt fit too well with the motor mounts i have and i know its close to the firewall.

knock

Have you messed with the vacuum lines on the wastegate? If you have, it is very easy to cross them and if they are the car will knock bad.