Another (yawn)5.0 gets horsewhipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboBuickSix

While showing the car to my buddy who is considering buying my car the car gods put me at a light next to three college type dudes in a late 80's 5.0 GT convertible with a stick.Well as the light was yellow on the other side I begin to spool(I'm addicted to this $hit)and when it goes green I let her go and get a good amount of sideways wheel spin.He dumped the clutch pretty good and got half a car until I hooked up then it was all over for him as I pulled on by with authority while he revved the poor ford in vain.He was a good sport and told me he had fun doing it and that was pretty cool I thought.But I was thinking to myself "How fun is it getting embarrassed by a Buick V6 in front of your buddies"? Then I just smiled and waved :)

Likek he doesn't have enough problems at a red light in a 5.0 without loading it full of his friends. :rolleyes: Good kill. Still gotta love the look of the Fox bodies though. Maybe one day...

1987 Buick Grand National (astroroof)

1989 TTA #1322 (Cloth/HT)

1991 GMC Syclone #1406

1992 GMC Typhoon #2194

2000 SVT Lightning #4320

God?..... Is that you?.. Nice collection man!! I don't even want to know how you pulled off getting so many cool rides in one garage!! It must be difficult to decide what to take out for the day sometimes.

Great Kill

The 5.0's are getting old, their just too easy to whip. But when one's next to me I have to show them who's boss everytime. I feel its my duty to the TR Community. :D

Todd

Originally posted by TurboBuickSix
1987 Buick Grand National (astroroof)

1989 TTA #1322 (Cloth/HT)

1991 GMC Syclone #1406

1992 GMC Typhoon #2194

2000 SVT Lightning #4320

God?..... Is that you?.. Nice collection man!! I don't even want to know how you pulled off getting so many cool rides in one garage!! It must be difficult to decide what to take out for the day sometimes.

He must not be married:D

Those 5.0 Mustangs...they're pretty slow. ;)
A GT 'vert with 3 guys in it? Damn thing probably weighed 4200lbs. :eek:
S.

Ain't no Buicks left!!!???

Boy, sure is great hearing all (three) of you Buick boys getting your rocks off jumping on some poor overweight undermodified Mustang and then bragging about it on the internet. I used to own a T-Type, that thing was the biggest piece of crap car ever...I remember the day when we used to go to the track or street race and there was always a tough GN you would have to deal with, now where are all of ya? Haven't seen a GN race on the street in years!!! I got a Lx with stock E7 (you guys even know what that means?) heads, stock motor (with forged pistons from the factory, don't you cast piston Buick boys hate that!!!!!!!)air conditioning, 5 speed, fuel injection, street driven, that no Electrolux with similiar $$$$$$$$$ gonna touch. If Mustangs suck so bad, why have they lasted and your cars haven't? Think about it....

elmo

oh dear elmo if you line any mustang up in a line for sale they go dirt cheap you line up any gn and you will pay out your ass for it.i love my gn and would be happy to line it up correct me if i am wrong but wasn`t gn`s the fastest production cars built yep:cool:

No your wrong...

They were the quickest in '86, not the fastest. Get your story straight, for crying out loud, you own one. Corvettes would smoke those Nationals who had limiters installed from the factory. A '86 Mustang was WAY faster (140 mph), not quicker, that year. And yea, the Nationals cost more, but they cost more when they were new, didn't they? And we're talking $ to $ here, right? You ain't got no intercooler? Better go find another Stang to pick on, bub....

Oh yea...

;) There's a guy in the parts for sale named Kenny got a whole 87' GN for 2 grand, that's pretty CHEAP, ain't it?

hmmmmm

well who cares really i bought my car for 9,000$ 3 years ago i don`t need intercooler to kick a mustangs ass just a good old buick :D

Bring your 400 hp car..

Is that a Booick 350 in it too? Or a junky ol' Chevy motor, heck that's even worse!!!lol.

where do you live i wil tell ya what i worked my ass off to have what i have not once did i bash you for what you drive so please don`t bash me for what i drive we all have are likes and loves when it comes to are cars

Jeez..

Man, I live in North Carolina, don't break out in the hives or nothing cause I insulted your car....remember this post was started by some people bashing what I drive!!! My comments were really directed to them, but heck, bring that GN down here, I'll peel some power adders off my car and we'll go at it!!! I had an 84' T-Type, used to run those GN's to triple digits and watch their faces when theirs shut off and mine didn't!

south

well if i ever get down that way i will look you up if you kick my ass well then i will buy you a beer i am not a sore looser if i loos i loos and i have lost a few just love to run them:D

Damn Troll

Oh Elmo,

Where the hell did you come from talking all crazy? Smoking them tree's again?? No you need to get your facts straight buddy. I have yet to see a GN lose to a Stank machine whether the TR was modified or not, I hope your silly comments were not directed at me because I hate wasting my time exchanging wit's with ass-holes like you...Damn troll!!

For the record you ****watt the 1987 Buick Regal Grand National was the "fastest production car ever assembled" by GM.:rolleyes: It was not edged out until 1990 by the Vette. Do your research next time moron before you start mouthing off inaccurate facts. I'll line em up with you any day and time...Besides your probably some anal little punk who was upset when he couldn't tune his T-type right and decided to invest in a mustake...Too, if you TR's are so bad why the hell are you on this board?? Do us all a favor and go back underneath your rock or just get the hell off this board PLEASE!!

Rob85GN,

I doubt this dumbass can beat anybody in a street or strip race let alone you or I, he said it himself "Where are the GN's". I don't think he's really trying to find them, he probably going out to hunt civics, cavaliers & perhaps SUV's...:D

Todd

To: "tickle me elmo"

I'm from N.C. too. Let me know when and where to show you how much "faster" we are than you...:D

Re: Ain't no Buicks left!!!???

Originally posted by Elmo
Boy, sure is great hearing all (three) of you Buick boys getting your rocks off jumping on some poor overweight undermodified Mustang and then bragging about it on the internet. I used to own a T-Type, that thing was the biggest piece of crap car ever...I remember the day when we used to go to the track or street race and there was always a tough GN you would have to deal with, now where are all of ya? Haven't seen a GN race on the street in years!!! I got a Lx with stock E7 (you guys even know what that means?) heads, stock motor (with forged pistons from the factory, don't you cast piston Buick boys hate that!!!!!!!)air conditioning, 5 speed, fuel injection, street driven, that no Electrolux with similiar $$$$$$$$$ gonna touch. If Mustangs suck so bad, why have they lasted and your cars haven't? Think about it....

they are everywhere on the tracks...but not as much in the dead heat of summer...maybe you aren't looking hard enough? and 5.0 mustangs are like tampons...every ***** has one

now as for your facts about the good ol 80's....the GN was a high 13 second car FACTORY and with simple BS mods you could put them in the low 12's (just look at my signature...i ran my times on factory everything almost)

as for the fastest car thing...yes the GN was governed at 124 mph but get rid of it and you could get up to 162 mph (not sure you wanted to do that with a G-body)

oh yeah...i have a video clip from motor trend testing the GNX against the 87 twin turbo callaway corvette (supposed to be the sh!t car of that time) and the GNX blew it's doors off by 5+ car lengths in the 1/4...

and yes the GN was the fastest american car ever made in the 1980's until the ZR1 Corvette in 1990-91...

and the fastest factory pontiac trans am ever made TO THIS DAY is the 89 Turbo Trans AM which had a *drum roll please* a 87 GN motor!

maybe the ttype you had back then was sh!t because you never took care of it and had no idea how to fix it and tune it...it takes brains to figure these cars out...also you probably had an 84 or 85 ttype which wasn't even intercooled...

so get with the program man...5.0's will continue to get beat by our little v6's..."there's no replacement for displacement!" ha tell that to our little buick community here...

Re: Ain't no Buicks left!!!???

Originally posted by Elmo

Hey,just noticed your post and thought I would reply with a :rolleyes: How do you know it was not built to the hilt? Could have had nawws for all you know.Even without an intercooler I take out mustangs effortlessly on a continual basis thus the YAWN in the post title.When you filled out the registration for this site you made a typo in your screename,it should say Ho-mo.Don't even want to waste time responding to all your idiotic statements for if you had done some homework you'd know AC was standard on any turbocharged Buick ever built, not optional like on Moose-wangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.