Anti Knock PEVR

Hey Doc. We talked a while ago about a NC waste gate. I'm ready if you still have it. Been tied up with life and finally ready to get back to the 51. Thanks Steve

51 Turbo said:
Hey Doc. We talked a while ago about a NC waste gate. I'm ready if you still have it. Been tied up with life and finally ready to get back to the 51. Thanks Steve

Nice 51 can I see some pics

We have a "universal" knock controller, for distributor ignition. A few have ordered it in the past to replace the stock retard system.

We have a "universal" knock controller, for distributor ignition. A few have ordered it in the past to replace the stock retard system.

John! The man of mans when it comes to knock!!

I have been running your system faithfully for several years now.... Norbs (another member here) suggested it to me for use with my gear drive since the system is selectable in knock sensativity. it was night and day difference in power production and frankly i kept a secret from many here for a long time.

I love it! love it!

now if only it was cheaper.......... lol just kidding!

John! The man of mans when it comes to knock!!

I have been running your system faithfully for several years now.... Norbs (another member here) suggested it to me for use with my gear drive since the system is selectable in knock sensativity. it was night and day difference in power production and frankly i kept a secret from many here for a long time.

I love it! love it!

now if only it was cheaper.......... lol just kidding!
Well that's why you stopped on the turbo control center that you were supposed to be working on.:rolleyes: Asshole!:p

Well that's why you stopped on the turbo control center that you were supposed to be working on.:rolleyes: Asshole!:p

lol....... well not exactly... i did manage to "restore" 6 of them, but for what? its still as slow as it ever was and i couldnt completely figure out 100% of its function because some of the electronic internals couldnt be determined as to what they were or did. So replacing bad sections was fairly straight forward, but upgrading its logic seems to be more work then its worth. you guys barely pay me for a regular unit thats restored, I cant see you guys paying for an upgraded unit.... for the end cost, might as well buy the J&S. Modern electronics are cheaper, more available and way more compact. All of the logic power from the TCC could be packed into a a piece the size of a pack of gum.

it was simple reality...... after removing the potting compound, spending 4 hours on a huntron tracker finding the bad spots and repairing it.... total hours in one repair was sitting in the 6-7 hour zone.... so even at 20$ and hour i am not making a dime and the market that may possibly want it wont pay me 150-200 bucks for a unit.

I gave up. theres no way i can make money from this... and no point in trying to save a market thats as small as you and me and Rich and Freddie and Matt and Adam....

Damn.... I just about named off each of us who may possibly want one... and i have 6 right now. thats exactly the market. o_O

There's actually a company that rebuilds the original units Aj. Found out about it from the 301 garage.;) Now that we've got a better system than an MSD BTM though I don't see a reason not to go that way.:D Just wish you'd said something earlier so none of us would be scrounging for the damn turbo control centers and knock sensors.:mad:

silly bastard... ive been advertizing knock sensors and TCC units for 2 years. want to buy one? 200 and i will toss a NOS knock sensor in with it.

silly bastard... ive been advertizing knock sensors and TCC units for 2 years. want to buy one? 200 and i will toss a NOS knock sensor in with it.
Got 2 centers and 3 knock sensors along with 3 PEVC/PEVR valves, not including Mikes sitting here.:p Just sold my 80 unit to Gothmog for his 80.;)

well who ever wants one, or if they want to do a core exchange im open to it.... but like i said... in all reality.... is there a point in even running a TCC anymore?

well who ever wants one, or if they want to do a core exchange im open to it.... but like i said... in all reality.... is there a point in even running a TCC anymore?
Not unless it's required for a resto or a racing class there isn't. Just wish you weren't so damn closed mouthed when it came to finding stuff like this.:p

well Charlie............. i want to win..... and winners dont always spill the beans on how they got there...... well not until they are there. :D

well Charlie............. i want to win..... and winners dont always spill the beans on how they got there...... well not until they are there. :D
We're such a small portion of the TB family none of us win unless all of us win.:p The SFI guys can't use 99% of the stuff we do so I don't have an issue telling them about new tech that we're using.:D

I dont have a TCC setup on mine. I just open the window a bit when I make a pass. If I hear it rattling I let off and turn up the BTM a bit. At .75degree/lb, 89 and alky with 8 WG, creep to 14 PSI it doesnt knock.

I had the idea to do blowthrough buuuuuuuuut......... money. Stock turbo/intake sucks errr doesnt blow enough. At 10 PSI it should pull harder than it does. Its good, but not as fast as my stock 5 PSI L67. Same cubes, better exhaust, same gears, better heads, bigger cam.... slower.

.. ..The SFI guys can't use 99% of the stuff we do so I don't have an issue telling them about new tech that we're using.:D
[unlurk]
Yes, we read but you all speak incomprehensible gibberish here with your funny acronyms :)
well except the huntron tracker part-wish I still had one
[lurk]

[unlurk]
Yes, we read but you all speak incomprehensible gibberish here with your funny acronyms :)
well except the huntron tracker part-wish I still had one
[lurk]
I could probably find one for you Santa, but I'm not sure you have enough hair now to use it.:p

Someone emailed me last year to see if I could dope our one of those systems and repair it. I told them they were potted and they said "I know, I unpotted it" or something like that. I said I would be willing to look at it, but it never showed up.