Any Cardiologists on here? Need advice.....HELP!

turbofabricator

So.......Last October I had two stints installed in the ol ticker and immediately I knew something was a miss. Well, I went in for another angiogram yesterday. After more than 2 1/2 hours on the table they found that one of the original stints was installed over a branch artery (he said partially). He tried every which way he could to fit a balloon into the branch artery to open it up. No luck. I now have to take Isosorbide Mononitrate daily to dialate the vessels and hopefuly my chest pain will go away. (after walking about 1/4 mile it starts hurting pretty bad) It is possible for the body to generate a new blood supply, so I'm told. The other option is open heart surgery and a by-pass. Anyone have suggestions? Kinda bad day for me AND the Doc, he was very depressed looking when he finally gave up. NOT looking forward to having a by-pass. The doc is a great guy and is sincerly concerned. Everyone makes mistakes. Advice?

I gotta add that now my left groin looks like Bruce Lee kicked the holy livin' Crap outta me. Geeze it's UGLY! And NO......I'm not gonna post pics either. Serously it looks like a toothless Tyranasourus Rex clamped down on my hip/groin. I can't put my hands in my pocket with out winching. Dang it's sore.:mad:

Even open heart is so routine now .Hope the best for you... You are a very talented person to be laid up for any lengh of time.
i know how you feel after a lung surgury and heart cath over the years it kinda sucks but youll be fine

I gotta add that now my left groin looks like Bruce Lee kicked the holy livin' Crap outta me. Geeze it's UGLY! And NO......I'm not gonna post pics either. Serously it looks like a toothless Tyranasourus Rex clamped down on my hip/groin. I can't put my hands in my pocket with out winching. Dang it's sore.:mad:

Ken, I had both sides of my "groin" probed back when I had my ablation done (A-fib) and you ain't kidding! Those arteries looked like a pair of sausages! :eek: Best of luck getting it figured out. :)

The original entry was on my right side. They tried there first this time but there was an issue with the artery (femerol) , so off the the left side they went. REAL sore now. No it's not hemmoraging, just a BIG UGLY bruise.

Years ago I worked with two guys that were Vietnam vets. One was a 5 foot nothing wrinkly old white guy, the other was a average sized black guy. They were best of buddies. All day long they would yell at each other "I'll CUT YOU MAN!......I'll CUT YOU MOTHERF#%*ER!!....I'll CUT you!!! Back and forth all day holding a knife out. Big joke between 'em. Real characters and great guys. Well, one day the black guy ended up in the hospital with a heart attack and subsequent open heart surgery. He told me later that he was feeling VERY depressed and was sleeping in pain feeling real down and out, when all of a sudden he is awaken abruptly by a big thud on his chest only to open his eyes to this short little guy up on his chest with a BIG knife at his throat and he was screeming "I'LL CUT YOU MAN........I'LL CUT YOU MOTHERF#%*ER!.......If YOUR GONNA DIE...I'LL BE THE ONE THAT KILLS YOU!!!!! So, mean while this startled the black guy and his heart monitor went off and the nurses came running into his room and were SCREAMING for SECURITY!!!! He had to clam the nuses down and let the security guys know that "It's OK...He's my friend" Said it was the best thing he could have done. It pulled him out of his deep depression. Last time I talked to him (he's retired long ago) in the grocery store, he was really laughing about it again.

So if I end up having open heart surgery.................One of you guys has got to do that for me. Apparently it helps real good. :biggrin:

Sorry to hear the news , but I agree by-passes are done everyday. In clinicals for school, I used to care for by-pass pt's . Your out the following day or two.

I got some advise.........Never ask health advise from a bunch of guys that can't get there Turbo Buicks in the 11's
even with your directions.............:biggrin::biggrin: Just sayin....

Good Luck Ken you will be fine.

Ronnie

I got some advise.........Never ask health advise from a bunch of guys that can't get there Turbo Buicks in the 11's
even with your directions.............:biggrin::biggrin: Just sayin....

Good Luck Ken you will be fine.

Ronnie

Funny......but that's why I asked for a "cardiologist".:p And.....besides........a buddy of mine, who is a doc, does have a low eleven second Buick. I was also hoping that some of the "old guys" on here someone would have had a similar experience. I'm doin' fine, just a bit bummed is all. Fix one problem and create another. Kinda like sliding in a new cam and having it go flat 'cause I installed springs with 180/ seat pressure. Now it needs rings and bearings.:mad: