any input on what turbo to go with?????

dennis1993

bout 2.5 years ago i bought my turbo t have some specs on build had roghly 6k on new motor when i bought it.was told it was built by hartline performance its .20 over with 206/206 roller cam ported heads hd rocker shafts with roller lifters.currently has a ta49 and i went with a ptc 2800 stall its instant spool and i love it! iv upgraded just bought evrything from fuel to alky kit from razor, trans was built by jimmys im more then ready for a new turbo realy like the dbb but not to sure what to go with...90% is street driving but not affraid to change convertor for bigger stall! any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks
Dennis

this may be interesting reading for you... I went with 6262DBB with billet wheel. Finishing install tomorrow, then waiting for the rain to stop!

What are your goals from the car? Do you want a fast spooling street car, or a top end car? A TE-44 is comparable to the TA-49 you have but the compressor housing isn't stock appearing. I had a 44 on my car and that thing spooled its balls off with a broken converter (3300 stall with broken sprag) :mad::biggrin:. It all depends on your goal's though, there are alot of people running the Billet units with no ill side effects :biggrin:

this may be interesting reading for you... I went with 6262DBB with billet wheel. Finishing install tomorrow, then waiting for the rain to stop!

Let us know how it goes alot of people are having boost control issues, ported the wastegate hole how big. How are you controling boost.

I got a BB Turbonetics CPT-61 from Cotton. Really good street turbo. On the 2400 stall convertor I used to have it spooled great. The 2800 stall I have now is like fast as stock... Instant really. Definately get a ball bearing turbo. Turbonetics has a nice warranty too.

I had cpt 61 bb and spool was slow, but once it hit was good. I'd recommend a 3200 stall if you went that route.

As far as boost control I have an external gate, I'll have to measure what size or call jack cotton, was a while ago I bought and don't remember. I think I'll be ok from eyeballing. Bought ported shroud for surge insurance, if it actually does anything at all. At least it looked cool! ;)

Is this 6262 a water cooled BB? Or the new ceramic air cooled?

You should think about what your goals are before you start spending cash on a new turbo. You have enough in your combo now to run high 10's with the wick turned up a bit. That said, I have a ptc 2800 with a 61mm ball bearing turbo and it spools up very fast, it could have easily tolerated a larger turbo if that's what I really wanted.

It's water cooled. The air cooled cartridge look pretty cool, but adding water cooling lines wasn't that big a deal to me.

Thanks......was just curious if any of the venders are stocking the ceramic BB billett turbos yet.

turbo

I have the 6262 DBB I got from Holly at hartline with a 2800 PTC convertor Also from hartline. All I can say LOTS OF FUN!

thanx for the feedback guys qwks6 i as well will be keepn an eye on ur feedback with the billet wheel thought hey this will be great newest tech, state of the art...wow my heads spinning from all iv read on these turbos!!!!:eek::eek::eek: