any interest? Alum reservoirs for coolant, wind washer fluid and ps.

Clay bar and a buffing wheel? Probably all they needed. No sanding necessary, right?

Two stage buffing compound. I only needed two wheels. One to remove most of the scratches and one to finish it. I could have made them mirror finish with another initial stage, but I didn't want them that bright. They will tarnish back slightly due to the bay heat anyway. I live in Vegas remember. :D

Two stage buffing compound. I only needed two wheels. One to remove most of the scratches and one to finish it. I could have made them mirror finish with another initial stage, but I didn't want them that bright. They will tarnish back slightly due to the bay heat anyway. I live in Vegas remember. :D

Any chance you could post a step by step polishing process?

You should see my alternator. Started with a standarrd GM housing. Took the Dremel tool with a sanding wheel to it frst to knock down the rough original casting. Then went to 120 Grit paper. 600 grit Wet or Dry, then 1500 and 2000.....finished with a cloth polishing wheel and a bar. It's amazing what a little elbow grease can do, I love aluminum! You should be able to get these babies seriously gleamin'! :D

Any chance you could post a step by step polishing process?

Very simple really. We have a 4 wheel buffer. I just took the black emory cake stick and used that compound to get out the scratches in the metal and finished it off with the white polishing compound. It took me no more than 30 min to fully polish all three canisters. As long as you have buffing wheels it's a quick process, and you can go through 4 levels of stick to get a true mirror finish if that's what you would like. I also polished up the stock up pipe for a friend and it looks TONS better than it did before. Obviously our buffers are industrial pieces, but you can buy a very functional dual wheel floor mount at Sears for around $160 and do nearly as nice a job. :biggrin:

Is there any way to coat the inside of the aluminum tank to make it suitable for alky?

Wish there was, would sell a lot more of them. I only run a 50/50 mix of distilled water and 90% isopropyl so wonder if that would still be too corrosive?

Several companies make coatings for inside of gas tanks to prevent rusting. Would an of them work for alky? I don't know. What do the Indy cars use? Since they are so weight conscious, surely they are using aluminum tanks.
Conrad

Can anyone post some pics of these installed on their car? It would sure make buying them easier. It's kinda hard to imagine what they would look like since I have never seen them in a TB before.

Can anyone post some pics of these installed on their car? It would sure make buying them easier. It's kinda hard to imagine what they would look like since I have never seen them in a TB before.

Here are a couple pics without the PS tank installed. I'm expecting a royalty check for generating sales sometime soon on these. :tongue:

gn-ph25.jpg

gn-ph27.jpg

Nice! Much better. A set of RJC pulleys would look nice on that Vegas...;)

Already have them in the box waiting to get put on, FAST XFI, TA headers, etc.....haha. Just ordered up my TA Aluminum block as well. Things are about to get a little crazy. :tongue: