Any Interest In Bigger Stainless Fuel Rails?

just wondering -10 would be nice both in and out for a dual feed. would be using a -10 regualtor as well with a -6 return. not sure at what point you would need a bigger return. wonder how that setup would act at idle trying to return all the fuel

Most that dual feed use an aftermarket AFPR to handle those needs. I run a monster Aeromotive, on my E85 GTO, that's a -12 feed into it, with dual -8 feeds to my bowls and a huge -10 return to my tank. I can keep the Magnafuel 500 pump at 5psi if I wanted. :eek:

There are pics of this setup on the board somewhere as others go this route when running big HP on their GN.

just wondering if you ran -10 the whole way would a -6 return be enough

so these rails you are having made. is there a option to have them made without the stock FPR provison so we can just run a after market regulator?

We can make a cap for the stock FPR hole with the left over material I suppose. And with the aftermarket reg being feed from a true -6 it can easily handle the fuel volume at say 43psi.

You'd run those regs in a few ways, out the driver front -6 if you were running the feed the stock way, or you can run the reg in the back being feed by both rails if your making big Popcorn power on E85. ;)
There is even the option of feeding the rears and then running the fronts to the reg.

Damn, maybe we'll just make all the ins and outs the same size so the end user can do whatever setup they want.

Damn, maybe we'll just make all the ins and outs the same size so the end user can do whatever setup they want.

Thats what i would do

rails

any word on these? I'm really considering the swap to E85 but I want to make sure I buy all the right parts. I can't afford to purchase parts that don't work correctly.

Thanks,

Still on this one just so it's available to those who want, more rail volume, easy option for dual feed, 100% assurance the rail won't cause any corrosion issues.

So far it's liking like this....

-10an threaded ends
.750 internal diameter (stock is .625 I believe, haven't spec'd it out yet) = 20% increase
Stainless or Anodized steel or aluminum

Problem so far is that the shop and I don't know where to find any stainless rail stock, everything's aluminum. We have plan B and C but would like to keep the cost down and find stainless rail stock in lengths that would save $$ in the end and that are already bored to our I.D. liking.

thanks for the update.. wonder if stainless is the way to go or anodized?

GNVYUS 1,
Shoot me an e-mail addreess and Ill forward you the catalog page I was sent the has the stainless fule rail parts. Its an adobe file so i cant post it here. I may be able to upload it to my web site so it can be down loaded form there. Ill try today when I get home.

For SS stock, try Burns Stainless, McMaster-Carr, etc.
Conrad

More searching today and nothing, no one carries it, not even other shops that do their own rails.

So we might take stainless stock and gun drill it, this could get very expensive but we're looking into everything possible.

Sorry it took so long to e-mail you .All the builders I have found are using round stock and making injector bungs to weld to it. it was going to be around 150 in parts to make a set that was 2ft of tubing 6 injector bungs and the 4 AN fittings.

An update, rails are dialed into the CNC machine and it's looking like one stainless chunk is the way to go vs Aluminum and Anodizing.

Some info from what we've seen so far

The aluminum rail I was running for less than 3k miles shows some white substance built up around the fittings and forming inside the rail. This is only one reason I'm going to try to get these rails built, not sure if it's only my GN, but so far aluminum parts are not holding up to the E85.

This same aluminum rail has an ID of only .590, that's not going to cut it when E85 needs 30% more fuel. New rail will be at least .750 ID, a 27% increase which makes some sense IMO.

I doubt there's a market for these, but they should be available this Summer and I can even do a bigger Stage II etc set for those interested when these are done.

Price is going to probably suck since it's Stainless, machining stainless and the fact we'll probably only make so many sets at a time. I would be surprised if it's under $250 and that's without me marking them up about $10 for gas $$ to get them.

$250 wouldnt be that bad I have $200 in the aluminum rails I have now that they have been Anodized.
I have some raw aluminum in jars here at the house one 1/2 full so it has some air contact and one filled with if any air not much at all and leting it sit to see what happens.

An update, rails are dialed into the CNC machine and it's looking like one stainless chunk is the way to go vs Aluminum and Anodizing.

Some info from what we've seen so far

The aluminum rail I was running for less than 3k miles shows some white substance built up around the fittings and forming inside the rail. This is only one reason I'm going to try to get these rails built, not sure if it's only my GN, but so far aluminum parts are not holding up to the E85.

This same aluminum rail has an ID of only .590, that's not going to cut it when E85 needs 30% more fuel. New rail will be at least .750 ID, a 27% increase which makes some sense IMO.

I doubt there's a market for these, but they should be available this Summer and I can even do a bigger Stage II etc set for those interested when these are done.

Price is going to probably suck since it's Stainless, machining stainless and the fact we'll probably only make so many sets at a time. I would be surprised if it's under $250 and that's without me marking them up about $10 for gas $$ to get them.

let me know when their ready. how are we doing the rails? -10 in and out? no stock reg fitting etc?

-10 o-ring fittings in and out, no option for stock reg (too much $$ and won't return enough volume probably).

It's going way slower since we found out that no one has stainless fuel rail stock in this or anything close to this sizing. Aluminum and anodizing is another option but I think we can pull this off so we're going to try. When you have 7 Haas CNC's staring you in the face, you tend to take the unique road.

Hopefully June we'll have 5 sets ready, I'll have my other rail on the GN in the meantime saving up for these and the Aeromotive afpr that I'll need.

So I dropped the -10an fittings off and we were trying to get ideas on what setup, materials and labor are going to run in the end. So far, it's definitely not even close to $250 so I wanted to see if this is just a new unique toy for me, or if others are really interested.

Is $400 for Stainless Rails something anyone would consider?
Keep in mind the fittings and Aeromotive FP reg are $200 more.
The specs are above but at least they're larger ID and we know they won't corrode (304 stainless).

I'm in too deep now to back out so a Group Buy helps pricing or else I've really gone to far and am now just creating parts only I'd run. :biggrin:

im still looking into them. when do you think they will be ready to ship? need to work out the $$$ i got motorcycle racing stuff that takes my $$$