Any pics of ground effects packages on your turbobuick?

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
I know that fad has kind of came and gone. Most of them I didn't care for, But I remember a couple companys out there years back that had a decent ground effect kit that I thought looked good on these cars. Does anybody have a ground effects kit installed (running down the complete length of their car), and could post some pictures?

hey, pretty cool. the LEX-1-GN package is my favorite, kind of subtle. I really like the 145 speedo sticker they sell though. I think that one looks cooler than the one kirban sells. Thats going to be my next int. purchase.

Turbobuick2 said:
hey, pretty cool. the LEX-1-GN package is my favorite, kind of subtle. I really like the 145 speedo sticker they sell though. I think that one looks cooler than the one kirban sells. Thats going to be my next int. purchase.
:( dont do it

YIKES! That makes 1987 cars look like 1980 cars.... Its your car so have fun, but looks like butt IMO.

awash242 said:
:( dont do it

too late, I've already ordered, recieved, installed and recalibrated the 145 speedo placards on both my gn's. (I can always reverse the process). I think they look way more factory than the ones kirban sells. I actually called them up right after madhat posted this link. the price they had listed at the time was a error, but they went ahead and sold them to me since it was their goof. I got both for $50.
I actually drove my 84 into work today, and just went out and snapped this pic for y'all to see.
One of my ding dong co-workers did give me a hard time and said it looked like a big huge temp. guage. :D

geez!!! I'm using my works 7.0 pixel camera. that picture should look awesome. I guess it distorts so much because I have to resize it down so much for the website to accept the attachment.

I think it was the body kits and not the guage kit that they had a problem with :D
I know of that site because my friend was looking for a Choo Choo Custom nose and they had one. He also was tempted about doing the lumina nose on his Elky :O

What I though would look good is if someone made a bumper cover like LEX-RB-GN on page 32 minus the body kit. You know, jsut a way to smooth off the bumpers but still have that stock look - kind of like GM did with the later Cutlasses and Montes.

Ummm.... Yeah.... Don't think I'll be installing any ground effects kits on either of my GN's. I do think the LEX-1-GN package is subtle and not too radical though. I'd do it if I had a non turbo regal.
My girlfriend is watching the second mad max movie right now, and thinks I should put a rear axle with duelie tires on my gn like that ford torino fast back looking thing thats in the movie. What about that? Would that look alright? :biggrin:

Turbobuick2 said:
I know that fad has kind of came and gone. Most of them I didn't care for, But I remember a couple companys out there years back that had a decent ground effect kit that I thought looked good on these cars. Does anybody have a ground effects kit installed (running down the complete length of their car), and could post some pictures?

I thought I would give this a try here. Laureen Eng lowers on my olds. And yep some of those kits are down right ugly!

100_0233.jpg

I bought my car from a guy who owned a company called autocraft that made this kit.I took it off my car but it was nice for what it was.The bumpers and fillers were one piece and they were flush with side of car.

844213_15_full.jpg

844213_16_full.jpg

My bad, I was referring to the fugly body kit....it made me throw up in my mouth a little.....