Any pics of widened stock GN rims

batmansbuick

Superhero
Thinking about getting widened GN rims on the back, let's see how they look in the back and what width they are. Thanks!

i wonder how much heavier a 15X8 stock widened rim is VS a 15X7 wheel?

15X8 will fit those 275's no problem, thats all i want, mainly for street use tire of course.

just an inch wider? i dont see a problem.. in fact, you probably wont even see a difference.

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE IN ROTATING MASS. I DID IT TO MY STOCK RIMS AT ONE TIME. I WENT TO 10 INCHES THO.

I REMEMBER I PICKED UP A 15X15 ALUMINUM RIM WITH A HUGE SLICK ON IT AND IT WAS ABOUT HALF THE WEIGHT AS MY WIDENED GN RIM WITH NO TIRE ON IT!

LOOKS REAL KOOL THO. IF YOU HAVE MORE HP THEN YOU CAN PUT TO THE GROUND THEN I GUESS IT'S NOT AS BIG OF A CONCERN TO HAVE A HEAVIER RIM.

Yea i can see that but.. his gn rims are only gettin a 1" strip in em basically. how much heavier can one single inch put on the wheel? im guessing like 2 lbs? if 4 total pounds affects your cars time, you have other issues.

Yea i can see that but.. his gn rims are only gettin a 1" strip in em basically. how much heavier can one single inch put on the wheel? im guessing like 2 lbs? if 4 total pounds affects your cars time, you have other issues.

I have widened stockers on my GN and I hear that all of time. It doesn't add to much although the weight penalty almost seems like its in the 3 digit range. I dont know how many articles have been written about this but when I start seeing a 1/10 difference in ET instead of hundreths I may reconsider. I agree. You have other issues if you're worried about the miniscule weight difference. BTW I have 10 inchers on the back too!

The 8.5" widened rims i had felt like 45 lbs each. twice as much as my aluminum wheels and 275x60x15 tires.