Any reason to keep the vac "ball" under the fender if I delete cruise control?

Maltman

I removed everything and I'm wondering if that vac ball is needed for something other than the cruise control.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Maltman
I removed everything and I'm wondering if that vac ball is needed for something other than the cruise control.

I believe it's also plumbed into the heater controls. Mine was left off years ago, and the cruise still works. No heater so I can't tell you about that.

ahhh....which probably means the heater controls would work under vac conditions but fail under load/boost since there is no reserve.

I'm debating on an AC/heater delete since I only drive on nice summer days/nights....but I'm still worried about condensation problems for the windshield.

Either way, thanks for the info.....let me know if I'm thinking about this wrong.

So, Maltman - how did you route the vac. lines?
Both the charcoal cannister and vac ball were off of my car when I bought it.
Thanks
Paul

Originally posted by Paul Clark
So, Maltman - how did you route the vac. lines?
Both the charcoal cannister and vac ball were off of my car when I bought it.
Thanks
Paul

Well, I didn't really route anything....I just removed the original vac lines. I did remove the charcoal canister the day I got the car and that simply entailed plugging the line from the manifold immediately off the steel lines from the tb.

As for the vac ball, that line is a continuation of the cruise vac line...there is a "y" near the cruise control that allows the vac to continue down to the ball.

Not sure if that helps, but that is all I did.