Any Turbobuick meets in MD

ULOSE2A6

Hello Fellas,

I am working in Maryland for a few weeks and would love to meet up with some fellow Turbobuick nuts. I am from West Palm Beach, Florida. I am in the Silver Springs area. I heard that there is a dragstrip called Capitol Raceway and might head out there on Friday night for the test and tune. Do any of you all go out there or run out there? Well let me know if that is the best place around to go or if there are better meets or places and maybe we can meet up. Thanks.

Shev.

ive only been to three different dragstrips so i cant really tell you whats good or bad but capitol is a pretty nice strip. upkeep for the track seems pretty good. i dont know if i will be at the track on the third or not. if i do go hopefully the temp wont be 95 degrees like they are forecasting!
peace

JohnnyTtype

Well hopefully it will not rain as well, it was a mess yesterday here. I plan on heading down there Friday after work and it would be great to see some of you local guys run. Also, is there like a car hangout around that is popular? Thanks for the reply.

Shev.

First Tuesday of each month we (MD GSCA chapter) get together at the North Laurel Pizza Hut on Rt 1 in Laurel. Go north on I95 towards Baltimore to Rt 32 East (about halfway between DC and Baltimore), go 1-2 miles to Rt 1 South, go past the giant Carmax car dealership on the right, and turn left at the next light (20miles total from Silver Spring?). We start about 7 pm, stay inside to 9-10 pm, and if the weather is nice hang out in the parking lot another hour or so. Next one is Aug 7, and we get anywhere from 2 to 15 guys, probably 8 or so these days. Capitol is the closest track to you from Silver Spring (www.capitolraceway.com), in Crofton on Rt 3, maybe 30 miles. Maryland International Raceway (..:: Maryland Int'l Raceway  -  Budds Creek, MD  ::..) is the biggest/nicest in the area, down southeast of DC past Waldorf and maybe 60 miles total. Cecil County (:: CECIL COUNTY DRAGWAY ::) is about 75 miles north of Silver Spring, exit 100 off I95. Similar to Capitol in size, usually quicker, same packed house each Friday night for test-n-tune. If you are here in October, Cecil is where the East Coast Regionals are held.

yea hopefully no rain! it looks like i will be at the track as long as i get my car back together, alky kit, 60lbers, tt chip! i may be on street tires so if u see a blue ttype blowin his tires off its probably me. last time i was at capitol there were probably 5 or so buicks but i didnt know any of them, kinda new to the crowd! dont know of any other hangouts besides the one in laurel. lets hope for some good weather!!!
peace

This weekend is the BPG event in Columbus so some of the Buick guys will be there instead of Capitol. Hope to meet you next week sometime.

Hi there Johnny and Carl,

I will definitely head to the Capitol Track on Friday night after work and I hope you get the T-Type together and running strong Johnny. I wish I was not working so much, I can be a good assistant with passing the tools and whatnot, haha. I guess you head to out to the Laurel meet as well?

Carl, I am a GSCA member as well. I actually came here with my latest issue of the GS-Xtra but can you believe it I have not had a chance to read it through as yet. Oh well, I will definitely get to the US 1 meet as well. The client I am working at is actually in Laurel. Off 198 and Sweitzer. So I guess if I come down 198 from Sweitzer and head south (?) on US 1 I will find it? I usually get off work between 8:00 -8:30pm so I should be there just after that.

I heard about the BPG event as well and figured alot of people might head out to that event.

Thanks for the invite on the local meet and I hope to see Johnny tomorrow night.

Shev.

well i got everything together, tested everything and then test drove. used qboost controller to adjust boost for first time ever and found out that it is really sensative!!!:eek: no worries though shes still together, car pulls extremely hard, may have a bum O2 sensor but i have a spare, may have dirt or something on an injector causing a leak because it spits alittle smoke on start up every once in a while that smells alot like gas (brand new 60's)! couldnt investigate too much because i have been working on a liquid intercooler on a GTP... worst design and instuctions ever i may add! hopefully it will be done tomorrow in time for the track aswell!

Johnny,

Wow, sounds like you did alot in a short time there, I am definitely looking forward to seeing them run now. What time are you heading to the track tonight? I should be able to get of work around 6:00pm or so and head on out there. See you there man.

Hey there John,

It was great meeting up with you last night and seeing your car run. Man your car is running real strong. With some sticky tires on there and you are gonna see that et drop like a ton of bricks. You have the mph to back it up for sure. At least you know the improvements are paying off and there is alot more in it with some more tuning and turning the wick up.

I wish I saw you smoke that Cobra Mustang when you exited the 70. He did not know what he was in for. Alky all the way man. I cannot wait to put mine on the T-type. It is proving itself everytime I see someone with it run.

I found the 29 no probs and it was alot quicker I think than the way I came. I should have just took 29 to 70 and then all the way down, I would have gotten there earlier. Now I know for next time, HAHA. I hope you can make it down to the Tuesday night meet in Laurel, should be a good opportunity to meet some good people with alot of experience with turbobuicks. Plus see some cool cars.

I forgot to tell you I saw a GN in Laurel yesterday, first sighting for me in Maryland. He was heading on 198 toward I-95, the driver seemed Asian or rather more Pacific Islander looking. (Sorry if I got that wrong, it was a quick glance.) But I was happy just to see one. Maybe he will be at the meet on Tuesday night.

Laterz
Shev.

gn in luarel was my buddy Prakash. we actually usually hang out in silver spring at the fenton st citgo. Prakash's brother in law Nani owns it theres always a t type or gn siting out front

Raymon,

Thanks, yeah that could be right. Are you all going to the meet on Tuesday night at the Pizza Hut in Laurel? Is the Citgo in "downtown" Silver Springs? I want to head down there, but have not had the time or opportunity yet. I will look out for it if I head there. Maybe I will meet up with you all at the meet on Tuesday. I will get there about 8.30 - 9.00pm or so.

I also saw another sweet looking GN in Rockville area with fender vents. I gave the guy driving it the thumbs up as he was passing by. It was a young black guy. Anyone on here? That car was really clean and sounded healthy too.

Shev.

Carl,

What are the close cross streets to the Pizza Hut in Laurel on US1? I guess if I come down 198 from Sweitzer and head south (?) on US 1 I will find it? Thanks.

Shev.

Shev, take 198 to Rt 1 and then go NORTH about 3 miles, will be on the right.

well I personally have never been to the meet at pizza hut i might have to come to see what its like, theres a first time for everthing right. As far as the citgo its three blocks south of colesville rd on fenton and bonifant st, oh yeah fenton runs parellel with georga ave I guess that is downtown where the mall and all those outside shops are. The guy in rockville could have been nero he is on this board Im surpised he hasnt responded yet

Hey Fellas,

Thanks for the directions and I am looking forward to the meet tomorrow night. The more the merrier I would think. I have not come across any Buick people that would turn away anyone else with a buick at any meet or even chance encounter. Quality people in my book. I am just visiting here and I am already pointed in the right direction for good times and seeing turbobuicks just make my day. See you all there tomorrow night. I am now getting off work so hopefully tomorrow I can sneak out a bit earlier, HAHA.

Take Care Fellas

Shev.

Hello Fellas,

It was really good meeting up with you all on Tuesday night (Carl, Raymon, Prakash, Nani, Avon, and the other guys whose names I did not get) and hearing all the old war stories... man Avon is funny as hell. I am looking forward to going down to Capitol Raceway for sure. Let me know if there is anything happening this weekend anywhere close by okay.

Regards,

Shev.

Hi Shev, yes, a great pizza-eating time was had by all :). Went to Capitol last night with Avon, they run a drag radial 1/8 mile class some Fridays and he ran that but had trans troubles. Don't know about next Friday but check ..:: Maryland Int'l Raceway  -  Budds Creek, MD  ::.. because I think the NOPI event is there next weekend. Will be in touch sometime this week.