any update on the aluminum stage blocks from TA

blacktyrant

does anyone have an update about the aluminum stage and stock blocks, and potential block,head/intake combos, from TA performance since they bought M&A? last thing i herd was fall of 2002, fall is right around the corner! I also herd that there goal was to make the blocks hold upto 1200hp? Can anyone confirm or deny that?

There is only going to be one aluminum V6 block made by TA and it should sell for around $3k and you should be able to use a lot of the stock stuff or built it with a good steel crank, forged rods, forged pistons, etc. so it will be good for the guy that wants to build an all out race motor or a mild street combo. From what Nick Micale said the block will be just as strong or maybe even stronger than a Stage II block and you will be able to use both 8 and 14 bolt heads. Sounds pretty damn good to me!:) :cool:

I spoke with Mike last Friday and he confirmed the delivery date of the new M&A aluminum head to be ~Fall timeframe. I'm hoping he will have a set done by the BOP event at Bristol. After talking with Mike, and if he will be able to deliver what he wants to do with the head, I for one will order mine now. He told me the head was going through some final alterations, but he was going to need T&D to alter there roller rockers, which they agreed too, in order for the rockers to properly fit (no binding). He also said that Duttweiller had installed a 2.02 intake valve in the head.:eek: :eek: Now that may have required some major porting, but it appears to now be doable. HTH. :cool:

hey
What do you guys think the chances of them getting the first attempt right are?

I wonder if this is something to wait on?

I think very good. After talking with Mike, I feel that he is very competent and has a good knowledge of what works and what's needed to make the best head possible.

FYI, if the heads are available by November, they will be allowed in the TR Heads-Up classes at Bowling Green next year. The block, regardless of when it is made available, will not be legal in TSM.

The differences will be in the way the block is machined...Only 1 casting, but the ability to get all the different variations of the block just by machining...Raised cam location, additional head bolts for 14 bolt head versions, I think there was talk of the ability to have on-center and off-center blocks from the same casting, etc...

Hopefully Nick will jump in and 'splain it better and make corrections if I said anything wrong...

As far as getting it right the first time i was refering to the whole PKG, block, heads ect....Some other people have also raised the point and concern that the bugs alway need to work out of new projects, i for one am very excited on this deal, and I'm a risk taker by nature, So will probably try to get one before it's been proven. I still think that there will be problems w/ it, and that not do to lack of skills/talents of the people at TA, w/ the imput also comming from Mr. D him Self. It just as the guy in the other thead put it, he's is service director on Ford products, and even with there Millions in R&D, They still make mistakes. I just wanted some imput to make me more aware of every one elses feelings about it, and how big the mistakes could be? You guys got more turbo knowladge in you left hands then i will ever have in my whole body
so thanks

How much weight diff do you think?
Between a iron head&block and aluminum head&block?

Originally posted by Scott231
FYI, if the heads are available by November, they will be allowed in the TR Heads-Up classes at Bowling Green next year. The block, regardless of when it is made available, will not be legal in TSM.

Scott, the aluminum heads have a great advantage over iron heads in developing more horsepower. Am sure you have considered making 2 TSM classes because of this?

But I do wonder why the alum block, that is primarily configured as a 3.8 replacement, will not be allowed? The alum will save about 50 pounds, hardly a great advantage.

Thanks Scott, not trying to stir up anything, just wanting to know.