Anybody run a E55 AMG yet?

I would like to see the race. The 65 should be trapping beyond 120+. If you race , run from a dig, or very small roll. What type of power is your car making now and whats the new build up now :confused: :D

MaxVO2 said:
*****College education, advanced degree. Probably a physician in group practice, lawyer, accountant, or investment banker. Starting salary here at a bigger law firm is 100k after passing the Bar, after 5-10 years 250-450k. Physicians in group practice, depending upon specialty, 200k-1million. A PHd in a bigger biotech company, starting salary is now 150k-250k depending upon where they did their post-doc work, and how many publications they have had, etc.. People with degrees in marketable areas make a lot of money - as they should - they had to delay getting into the workforce many years to acquire their skills. Very few people can do this (I read in Newsweek that only 25% of our population has a college degree in the US).

Occasionally you see someone with no college degree in a field like sales (real estate or whatever), or someone with a successful small business, but it's VERY much the exception. Look at the highest paying jobs from the Dept of Labor stats - the top 12 or so all require college degrees just for entry into the field to compete with others.

Everybody wants to live a certain lifestyle, have the big house, nice cars, etc.. but it takes skills that very few have, or can develop, to actually make it happen, otherwise everybody would do it.

It's just the way it is.

Billy
Montgomery Village, MD

Actually, it was modeling in Europe.

Quint said:
I would like to see the race. The 65 should be trapping beyond 120+. If you race , run from a dig, or very small roll. What type of power is your car making now and whats the new build up now :confused: :D

I wouldn't think of racing that car from a roll. It will be on slicks or DRs with good gas. My combo is in my sig and it's still the 84 setup but with an intercooler added. The SLR surprisingly wasn't that fast off the start, I should be able to jump him pretty good. This guy is pretty cool. Sometimes he lets his cousin take the SLR and he'll take the Ferrari and go hunting together or race each other at every redlight. Not too many people with cars like that run the hell out of them every weekend.

Went and found some quick stats on the beast.
617hp/575ft-lbs
dry weight 3748lbs
power-weight:6.08lbs per horsie
0-60: 3.8 seconds
1/4: 11.6@127mph - m/t
top speed:207.5mph
deceleration up to 1.3g's
Now remember that it isn't just a super car. It is a luxury coupe, with a supercharged V8 (not a TTV12 like I previously thought).

Nick

Attachments

• 112_0501_mclaren17_l.jpg
    112_0501_mclaren17_l.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 178
cool 84 said:
Actually, it was modeling in Europe.

****Cool! Sounds like a great gig! Unfortunately, I don't have the looks for it, so I guess I'm glad I went to school for so long. :)

Billy
Montgomery Village, MD

There's a Mercedes TTV12 that races here at Race Legal in San Diego. The thing goes 7.0 - 7.2 every pass on strees tires in the 1/8. I was like :eek:

I could imagine putting some DR/Slicks on this thing....easy 6.7 6.8's all day long. :eek:

I Got To Say: That Ain't $hit!!!!!!!!!!

I eat Z06 said:
617hp/575ft-lbs
dry weight 3748lbs
Now remember that it isn't just a super car. It is a luxury coupe, with a supercharged V8 (not a TTV12 like I previously thought).

Nick
Bought a 82 TA new (3950 lbs. w/driver and BB;caged street car), put in a 9.5 compression (pump gas) 502 chevy BB (cate shortblock) with 265cc oval port Dart heads, carb., small roller cam, 370 rear, in drive gear and through the exhaust can we say 10.44 @ 129, one time I forgot to hook up a plugwire after doing some checking and the car went 11.6 on 7 cyclinders. :) :) PS: Back in 2000 my 109 block T(full weight) could only put down a 10.50 @ 130 on 23/24 lbs of boost with a 4 lb. launch but I was on race gas of course. I must have at lease 5/6 grand total in that 9.5 comp. 502. :eek: :eek: :)

What makes the SLR nice is it's pretty tame for a car that runs 11s on regular radials and pump gas. Throw some slicks and good gas at it and see what it runs. While it's not the softest riding Mercedes I've been in, it rides nice, corners great, stops great, and you can beat on it and beat on it and it keeps coming back for more. It has flaws like brakes that continuously squeek but the only real downside of the car is it's price. It offers the whole package in one car. The crazy part is I would still take the GN or the CL65 over the SLR as a daily driver.

Squeeky breaks might not be so much a flaw but a result of the way the car is drivin. I found that frequently having to stand on the brakes, (especially where I live) can cause glazing which leads to squeeky brakes.

I eat Z06 said:
617hp/575ft-lbs
dry weight 3748lbs

Nick
? why not just buy a 06 z06 same numbers a steal at 65k.

greg wilson said:
? why not just buy a 06 z06 same numbers a steal at 65k.

SORRY BUT YOU GUYS NEED TO ****ING LEARN,THE $65k 06 ZO6 IS A MYTH!!!!!!!!!THEY DO NOT EXIST!!!

Now if we say the $80k+ 06 zo6,then were speaking the truth.At least you can actually buy the Benz's around here.And for the sticker price at that ;)

I guess some people need to learn how to ****ING read. Took me all of 2 minutes to find over 10 in the local area in the $65-71k range

wbrophy said:
Bought a 82 TA new (3950 lbs. w/driver and BB;caged street car), put in a 9.5 compression (pump gas) 502 chevy BB (cate shortblock) with 265cc oval port Dart heads, carb., small roller cam, 370 rear, in drive gear and through the exhaust can we say 10.44 @ 129, one time I forgot to hook up a plugwire after doing some checking and the car went 11.6 on 7 cyclinders. :) :) PS: Back in 2000 my 109 block T(full weight) could only put down a 10.50 @ 130 on 23/24 lbs of boost with a 4 lb. launch but I was on race gas of course. I must have at lease 5/6 grand total in that 9.5 comp. 502. :eek: :eek: :)

You gotta tell the secret..... :wink:

That time and MPH is a ton faster than any crate 502 I have ever seen in a 3300LB car let alone a 3950Lb one...Especially at only 9.5to 1... 129 mph at 3950 is close to 800 Flywheel horsepower...Even with the Nice heads..And the roller..(Im assuming not the stock roller).I wouldnt of thought the motor would put out anywhere near those numbers....But thats really flying...

I have 2 buddy's with 502 powered cars..One a Ramjet motor...That would kill to have there cars run like that... :wink:

are_one said:
So I guess I should have taken it up to 140/150 and blown right through the red lighted intersection, right? Anyone who rides a bike knows that they do not stop as good as cars, especially cars with 16in 4 wheel disks. I ended up sliding the last 10 feet to stop as it was, so if I had gone any faster I would not be telling this story. :eek:

you gotta learn how to use that front brake man, you should be able to outstop anything with four wheels

turbosam6 said:
I'm not 100% sure it was an e55 or whatever. It had the amg badges on it. It was a smaller 2 seater, looked fast, had nice 17 or 18 inch wheels with the amg logos and big brakes. Mercedes aren't known for wicked launches, their power usually comes in up high. It was a very short race, I'm sure he would have caught me and passed me at some point, but we were in town, not like a full 1/4 mile or anything. Either way, that bike shoulda spanked him.

It wasnt an E55 then...E55's are 4 doors with a v8 sc'ed engine putting out 469hp i do believe...

best thing about them is you can be a complete idiot and still drive the car well...

I eat Z06 said:
617hp/575ft-lbs
dry weight 3748lbs

Nick
That would be the fastest that car would go as far as MPH. I've seen 123-125 as well. The vid of the new Z06 losing slightly isnt a god judge of the speed. The driver had to have been shifting a tad bit early for the Merc to pull ahead at those speeds period. Still fast, but run what you brung and if ya win great if not oh well. Cool cars for sure, but always something faster around the corner ;)