Anybody Running A Single 3" Exhaust?

SPS

I need Alky!!!
I AM ABOUT TO PULL THE HEADERS FOR CRACK REPAIR AND NEED TO UPDATE THE EXHAUST. I WAS THINKING ABOUT GOING WITH A 3" CAT, THEN 3" SINGLE PIPE TO A LARGE MUFFLER FROM A HEMI TRUCK(REPLACED MINE WITH FLOWMASTER), THEN A TAILPIPE. OR I COULD USE THE 3" RESONATOR FROM THE HEMI AS A MUFFLER. ANY THOUGHTS?

Yes- the single 3" performs well IME and weighs less. Works good IME, but tends to be a bit loud.

TurboTR

I have an ATR single shot on mine. I love it. It's loud, but who cares but the neighbors ;)

I had a 3" single shot with an round stainless Ultra Flow on a car I used to have. It was quiet but sounded good in boost...

Are you running a single or a dual exit setup with a crossflow? With my hybrid I can only run one exhuaste to the rear axle but the car will look dumb with only one tailpipe. I'm looking for a 3" inlet, dual outlet, Stainless muffler. Any good suggestions?

Thanks,

I run the ATR Single Shot.
I put an Ultraflow where the Pitbull muffler was, and then the pitbull where the cat was.

I can hold a conversation in the car, and I like the sound of it.

Only you could have thought to do that Bruce..:cool: I would have ditched the Pit Bull and added 2 ultra flows. It is a personal preference in the exhaust noise. I rode in a single Pit Bull (No Cat) exhausted T-Type and I can tell you, "Women grab their kids off the street before you even got down the street". And this was not even boosting it. I also seen a Flow master on a single exhaust. Believe or not, it was not bad as you would think:confused:. Lastly, the best muffler currently available is the Magnaflows. I have heard them in single 3in and dual and all I can saw is AWESOME>>>:cool: You have innovated many things over the years.. Keep up the cool stuff.:cool:

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT. I THINK I WILL GO AHEAD WITHT THE 3" SYSTEM AND SEE HOW IT SOUNDS. IT WILL HAVE A SINGLE EXIT TAILPIPE, AND I THINK I WILL TRY USING THE THE HEMI RESONATER AS A MUFFLER FIRST AND SEE HOW IT SOUNDS- DONT REALLY CARE IF ITS LOUD, JUST WANT IT BE A DEEP TONE AND NOT SOUND LIKE A RICER! MAN WISH SOMEONE HAD SOME SOUND CLIPS!

I use the 3" single w/ a straight through " Ultraflow". My GN sounds almost identical to a "Pro-Stock" bike when it's under boost! People know your coming.

3" ATR single shot

My car has a very loud drone inside with the pitbull muffler. I'm going to replace the test pipe with a straight through bullet muffler and also leaving on the pitbull muffler. Hopefully this should take care of the drone and quiet the car down. :eek:

My also drones at highway speed. Using my manaul TC lock up to change rpm's, helps me stay out of the " DRONE ZONE ".

anyone know where i could get a muffler delete pipe for the atr single?? i wanna run just straight pipe all the way... i like it loud :D

I use three mufflers on my ATR single shot. One where the converter was, one under the passenger seat area and the original PitBull crossflow muffler. I've run 6.60 to 6-70's 8th mile with it.

I have an Edelbrock RPM in place of the cat and an UltrFlo in front of the axle. From the RPM to the Ultraflo is a homemade exhaust pipe with some pre-mandrel-bent sections where needed. From the rear muffler back is ATR stainless pipe exiting behind the tire. It is quiet, but it rumbles nicely. No need for dual pipes out the back, anyone who knows is a bit scared of a TR.

3"

wow- i would have never realized this many people are running 3" single pipes. Now for the second half of my questions- which cat converter should i run? would a stock replacement work or should i go withan aftermarket type?

ATR Single Shot...

I'm using ATR's 3in. stainless steel ''single shot'' system with no problems at all. At first, I used to have a dump pipe in place of the catalytic converter, but this system flows so good, that I took it off and put a stainless steel straight test pipe in it's place. At the track, I'm always running through the exhaust and ran a 10.88 et. through the muffler,which makes me think that the system is not too restrictive!! :D

Claude :)

P.S: The only thing I might do one day, it to use the outlet from the dump pipe I removed and weld it on the bottom of the downpipe, just before the catalytic converter.
If they ever decide to pass a law here to have us to put a converter on the car, then, the car will be street legal and I'll be able to open it at the track to bypass the converter... :(...but that is not for now...at least! :D