Anybody using an adjustable brake proportioning valve?

gnon18s

Is anybody using an adjustable brake bias/proportioning valve? If so, Which type? I'm thinking there are two options. One that replaces the distribution block with an adjustable version, Or one that tees in one of the brake lines near th master cylinder?

Attachments

• imagesCAQ07UXB.jpg
    imagesCAQ07UXB.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 165
  • imagesCAI7ATNC.jpg
    imagesCAI7ATNC.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 166
I use one

on my 57 chevy, with 4 wheel disc brakes,
I use a 1in master cyl, NOTHING ELSE besides the adj proportioning valve.
it will stop on a dime! took a while to adj correctly,
when you hit the brakes hard, the car just squats, and stops!
it's been on the 57 for close to 30 yrs now. with no problems.

I use the BAER brake prop valve on my car that is equipped with front & rear BAER disc brakes. It is a Must when trying to dial in the proper braking..... Works awesome in conjunction with the OEM unit....

Scot W.

had one in my 71 Nova with 12" C4 Vette brakes in the front and the stock drums in the back and a manual master cylinder.. once i got that thing dialed in, it would just squat down and stop without any wheel locking theatrics of any kind.
the one i used was the $35 Wilwood version that i put inline after the stock prop valve. i think they are closer to $50 now, but still a good deal.

Are you putting in the p-valve for disc brake bias front/rear? If so, either valve will work.

Ok, looks like I just get the cheaper/easier/simpler design that tees in one of the lines near the master cylinder. My second question is which line do I tee into?