Anyone can help with a closeup photo of the sticker/label on the rearend cover

Jan Larsson

As the title says.

From the factory our cars came with a fairly large sticker/decal on the rear axle cover. Probabrly with part number and or bar code??

This was a sticker to the left of the oil fil plug (opposit side of the cover if you like) And I guess roughly 1 x 2 inches in size or even slightly larger.

I've had a number of OEM stickers reproduced for the TTA (spring stickers, sway bar sticker, electrical fan stickers, ESC module sticker, brake fluid container sticker, fan cuation sticker, SPI label, VIN stickers and many others) but like to get hold of a good photo (straight on shot) along with the size of the sticker to be able to get this one reproduced as well.

If anyone frequent turbotransam.com I posted pictures and details about stickers I had done so far. Anyone interested I'm happy to pass on the contact details where to order them as I worked with this person (he's in the US) and he's done a great job on reproducing them.

See (you need to sign in on the site to view the photos):
http://www.turbotransam.com/cgi-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=1932
http://www.turbotransam.com/cgi-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=1850
http://www.turbotransam.com/cgi-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=1891

Any stickers you might have on your TTA that I'm missing if you can provide me with a good straight on shot and details about the exact size I'll get them done as well. I know there's on on the engine oil pan I'm missing, one on the upper hard line for the transimssion oil cooler line (next to the radiator), one on the emission hose going to the canister ... and I'm sure a handful more :)

Jan,

Are you refering to the metal tag attached to one of the bolts on the differential cover ?

PM me and I'll take a pick of whatever you want when I get home on Monday. I should have them all on my 900 mile TTA.

Bah, that car is no at home right now sorry. I am so confused.....

Hi Jan,
My car has no such tag,so I guess you'll have to wing it,as far as this is concerned. The item you refer to must have been one that easily falls off,and since my car has in excess of 100K miles,I guess it did. Keep up the good work on your fine ride!
Dale

Did you try contacting Midwest Muscle, his 1200 mile car has just about every sticker on it I think including some of the ones that were supposed to be taken off during dealer prep. I know he's gotten you a couple pictures before. I'll check my car but I highly doubt that it has it still.

Thanks for looking Dale, I think that one was made out of paper so most of them would have dissapeared during the first couple of miles specially if driving in wet weather ... I got one or two people that think they might have them so just waiting for them to grab their cameras and take a picture of two for me :)

Jared, I've asked MidwestMuscle as I got several stickers on his I'm after so as soon as he finds the time he promised to help out.

This is a bit addictive, once you get started you see more and more different stickers that would be nice to have done :biggrin:

Hi Jan,
Your car must be progressing to a high level, as you are starting to fill in the fine points.What a machine it must be. Scary, actually, because as you say, it can consume you. Myself, I'm not into showroom perfection. The axle tag must have been a bar code with numbers beneath it, right?
Anyway, yours is a harmless vice. I hope you find your sticker. Good luck with the rest of your project. Take care...

Dale

Jan, I didn't forget about this. Work, kids, wife with MS ... I don't get much 'me' time, but I'm not complaining. I do have that sticker, and only had my cell phone camera with me last time I was at the car. Try as I might, nothing very useful. I'll get by with a real camera next time I'm in town and free.

Jan,
I have one of these decals off a car in my folders at home. I will take a picture for you tonight.

Dean, good to see you are still around. How is the ultral low milage Cloth/Hardtop car of yours?

- Dave

Hi Dave. The car currently has around 940 miles on it. The contractor is just breaking ground on my new house with an attached 36X30 garage and a detached 36X36 shop. So hopefully I can round up all the toys in one place by next Spring. Commitments with my kids have kept me out of this hobby until recently, but with more space it will be easier to maintain the cars properly. Right now the TTA is fine but its five hours away.

Jan, I got your PM and as soon as I get down to see it next I will check to see what all is on it for undercarriage stickers. There were stickers on the lip of the wheels too. Do you have those? Good luck with your project.

Hi Dave. The car currently has around 940 miles on it. The contractor is just breaking ground on my new house with an attached 36X30 garage and a detached 36X36 shop. So hopefully I can round up all the toys in one place by next Spring. Commitments with my kids have kept me out of this hobby until recently...

Dean,
I understand. I have a 12 year old and a 9 year old. Between all the sports they are in, I only have time for a car show or two every year. Last year I took the Cloth/Hardtop to the P.O.C.I. (Pontiac Oakland Club International) National event in Southern California and took first place in the 82-92 Stock Trans Am class. I have not been to any big events yet this year. I have put under 60 miles on the car in the last 3 1/2 years. :eek:

- Dave

Jan,
I just sent you 8 pictures broken down into 4 emails from the sticker I have. Please let me know if this is the one you are looking for. The paper is a little dingy from heat and the gold foil backing.

- Dave

Hi Dave. The car currently has around 940 miles on it. The contractor is just breaking ground on my new house with an attached 36X30 garage and a detached 36X36 shop. So hopefully I can round up all the toys in one place by next Spring. Commitments with my kids have kept me out of this hobby until recently, but with more space it will be easier to maintain the cars properly. Right now the TTA is fine but its five hours away.

Jan, I got your PM and as soon as I get down to see it next I will check to see what all is on it for undercarriage stickers. There were stickers on the lip of the wheels too. Do you have those? Good luck with your project.

Dean,

Rear diff cover been sorted (thanks Dave) and I got mine on the way from the guy doing them for me.

The stickers on the rim lips I'm still missing dimensions and a good straight on photo of both rear and front so if you can help would be great.

Jan,
I just sent you 8 pictures broken down into 4 emails from the sticker I have. Please let me know if this is the one you are looking for. The paper is a little dingy from heat and the gold foil backing.

- Dave

Dave,

Much appreciated, sticker been reproduced and I got 2 on the way. Will take some photos when I get them.

Do you or anyone know how it's installed, pretty sure it sits vertical but do it read from the top down or from the bottom up when installed on the diff cover?

And this is how it turned out, not installed yet as I need to jack up the TTA to get under there .... also included one of the many photos I got from Dave so you can see what the original one looked like.

Repro is 3M long life vinyl film compared to the paper type OEM material ...

Attachments

• DiffCoverRepro.jpg
    DiffCoverRepro.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DiffCoverOEM.jpg
    DiffCoverOEM.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 96
Jan,
Looks good. Do they have a foil backing like the original to help against heat?

I tried to mail you pics of the position on the rear cover, but your email account kisked them back due to size.

- Dave

Jan,
Looks good. Do they have a foil backing like the original to help against heat?

I tried to mail you pics of the position on the rear cover, but your email account kisked them back due to size.

- Dave

Not foil backed, have to find out if this is an option and how much the film used will stand up too ....

Try sending the images to jlarsson@tta1078.com instead or reduce them slightly in size if possible.