Anyone familiar with Anderson Performance in MD

dgreen1069

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of Anderson Performance, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has had them perform service on your car. I just realized tonight that they are in Baltimore, Md. I have a bone stock car with a minor but irritating issue....it looks like this may be the place for me to take it.

On a related issue, if you had a 6,000 mile GN would you leave it stock or would you modify it slightly? I have had two stock GN's now but the more I read this forum the more I want to liven up my car. The problem is that the car cost me almost $20,000 last year and I don't want to loose my investment. Give me your best advice:)

dgreen1069 said:
On a related issue, if you had a 6,000 mile GN would you leave it stock or would you modify it slightly? I have had two stock GN's now but the more I read this forum the more I want to liven up my car. The problem is that the car cost me almost $20,000 last year and I don't want to loose my investment. Give me your best advice:)

did you buy it for an investment... or to drive it?

Can you afford to buy a nice second car to mod? I would think you could do some easy bolt-ons and get some life out of it... but EVERY single thing you do creates more stress on the rest of it and increases the likelyhood that you will be replacing more parts.

Plus, you will be tempted to mod it more and more :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin:

Maybe sell the "rolling museum" and get a nice 60-80k mile car that is in great condition and put the extra in to it and make it what you want.

Good luck whichever route you go!

Vic

My advice would be that you need to sell your car. If you actually want a car that you can mod and make fast without feeling bad you need to buy a higher mileage car. Just sell your car so you dont have to worry about losing money and use that money to buy a car, then use the rest to mod it the way you want.

High dgreen my name is James and I live in Glen Burnie MD. I am very familure with Anderson Performance it's an excellant shop. They treat you nice and have the knowladge to make your car as you can afford to go. They're in Dundulk off 495 exit 41. Here's the number 410-282-9335. Speak with Bill Anderson Sr. or Bill Jr. and they will take care of you.
PS AZ Vic made some good points in his replay. Good luck

I have dealt with Anderson Performance a good bit. There is no doubt that they can get your car's issues resolved. As for modifications, I wouldn't take my car to anyone else.

Good luck,

it sounds like you would just like to step up the cars performance a little. I don't see anything wrong if you do this, just keep "ALL" your original parts to reinstall, if you decide to sell. just don't go to radical, may be 009 injectors, TA61 turbo, a fuel pump, down pipe, & cold air kit.

Sr and Jr Anderson are top notch people... There is no one else on the East Coast that i would let touch my car.. i have been dealing with them for the past 2 years and even when i move to the west coast next year, i'll still be using them.

I would trust him If I lived closer.... take a look at his GNs... I think he knows what he is doing...

I'll chime in and say the Andersons are very nice guys to deal with and are good vendors of ours and would highly recommend them. I'd trust them with my motor.

No one else I'd take my car to!!!!!!!!!!! I've been dealing with them for years. I'll give you an example. Bill freshened my motor and tuned it. I went to to pick it up and he tells me "be careful! The car should run 11.70's like it sits." I took it to Cecil the next chance I got and the first pass with no changes the car goes 11.71 at 117. Bill knows what goes fast and NEVER tries to sell you the latest thing out there.