Anyone going to the BOP at Pacific

I might haul a buddy of mine out there if a few Turbo guys are going. But I won't be bring the GN because it will be sitting in the Snohomish car show that day. I have to give my best shot representing our Grand Nationals after losing to a lame 87 Vette and hideous 88 Thunderbird last year - freakin' pathetic! No more parking next to Chris at car shows ;)

I'll be there! Gotta see what my car will do in race trim with straight C16 and my race chip!

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
I might haul a buddy of mine out there if a few Turbo guys are going. But I won't be bring the GN because it will be sitting in the Snohomish car show that day. I have to give my best shot representing our Grand Nationals after losing to a lame 87 Vette and hideous 88 Thunderbird last year - freakin' pathetic! No more parking next to Chris at car shows ;)

Dan, did you pre-register for the show this year? You won't have to worry about parking next to me, I will be on FRONT STREET, # 198. Now if I can get my GN back in time, one of us can beat that damn vette.....

Chris

We wanted to have a chance to win!:D If Adum is going, I am taking my GS for sure.

Okay, here are the shows still to happen this year:

Sat. 9/20 NW MuscleCar Show, Pierce County Fairgrounds

Here

Sun. 9/28, Snohomish show, Info here

Unfortunately, the Snohomish show conflicts with the new BOP day at Pacific this year.

Dan, are you going to the NW Muscle Car show this year? A couple of us were thinking about meeting at the Supermall around 8 - 8:30.

Let me know.

Chris

Chris,
You have got to be kidding me! I did pre-register for the Snohomish Show and hold #199. :eek: You had better bring your GS.:p

Adum,
Come on out. It's a great end-of-the-season car show. You should do well in the modified/custom/hybrid/what the hell is that thing category :D

I plan on putting my GN into the Snohomish show then maybe leave it there and head out to the BOP at Pacific Raceways, watch some racin' for a few hours, come back and pick up that big huge trophy (ya right) and head out on that long 5 mile commute home.

I'll also probably checkout the Musclecar Show as a spectator. Can't miss it - my favorite show of the year!

LOL Dan, # 199! My neighbor is 191, and another friend with a Cobra is 200! I may end up bringing my 71 Convertible Skylark and park it with the For Sale sign. Last weekend of decent weather and there should be lots of foot traffic on Main street. Don't really have a chance to win anything with the GS or GN anyway.

Why aren't you bringing the GN out next week? Tired of winning? I think the Buick class would be pretty tough this year. Should be fun, they are saying it isn't going to rain.....

Chris

Chris,

No real good excuse not to enter my GN in the Musclecar show. I'm just not as interested doing as many car shows this year. Looking forward to walking thru the show anyways.

I'm gonig to be in Hawaii untill the 27th, but I want to be at P.R. on the 28th. I shouldn't have any problem making it there. I don't think I'll be showing my car much anymore. I built it for me and the general public doesn't seem to understand what I've done. A GN is one thing, the black paint and bubble hood are recognizable, but my car just doesn't stand out in a crowd. Besides, I'm learning real fast that there is a lot of politics in the show circuit and it's not my deal. I'm just into hanging out.

ADAM

Nothing like feeling the power the little six makes. To me our cars are a great powertrain and just happen to be in a Regal:) Your car is a work of art and stands out because its different. Now you need to make the sucker FAST;) Then it will have 2 things going for it instead of just one:cool: Racing is way more fun than waxing your car so people can pick it apart:rolleyes: Most people that pick someones cars apart drive a POS or have someone else do all the work and have no idea what it takes to do what you have done. But when people see your car put up a quick et you get instant resect from ALL car guys:cool:

I'll be there, but with my Camera, and no car!

My Cutlass will be done next year, MAYBE..........LOL

Ryan

Whats the roster look like for the BOP race?

Also do they allow open headers there?

BOP at Pacific Raceway

billsgn - thanks for the input on my Chevelle falling on its face at the 1/8 mile for a couple of seconds. Tried raising the float levels but that did not turn out to be the probem and it richened the mix too much for my liking.

Your 2nd though appears to be highly possible as the issue. I pulled the fuel filter canister even though the car has only 2 k miles. I fond metal shavings inside from when they put in the sump in my stock tank. A lot of them. In addition I pulled the filter and took it apart to see what was trapped in the paper element and there was at least a teaspoon full maybe two of rust and crud in the filter. In fact the folds were well over half full of junk and I'm sure the paper itself is filled with smaller trash.

I will replace the filter and get a couple of spares to keep on hand now! That probably would have been way down on my list of things to check..

For hoots I am going to the Kill Thread to post the two GN kills I had. That ought to get a few posters excited.

Thanks again - Redrum

Hi Redrum! Sorry to hear that you didn't get it running just right. Hopefully it is the fuel filter that is causing the problems.

Good "kills" for you though, even if the GN you ran is stock! ;)

Even though I left early, I had a great time and my car ran the best it has ever run. I wasn't able to run in "race" trim, but instead I ran my "street" setup with a street chip, 50/50 mix of C16 and pumpgas, and 26 lbs of boost for a 10.88 @ 124 mph.

BTW, the turnout was horrible for such a beautiful day. I think if I stuck around till the end, I would have won the fastest Buick award. The second fastest Buick was a trailored GS that ran a best of 10.91

Yeah not enough GNs, I got a trophy in the show too.:D

ADUM

Make that a First Place trophy.:D

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
Yeah not enough GNs, I got a trophy in the show too.:D

ADUM

Make that a First Place trophy.:D

I saw your car out there while I was waiting to race my Sy.. I went and voted right before eliminations started....
Congrats! :p

Way to go Adam!!! Your car was the coolest looking car there! They should have given you all the trophys!!! ;)

BTW, how did Randy do?

Bill