Anyone going to the BOP at Pacific

Wanda and Pat....it was good seeing the two of you there....sorry I couldn't stick around for all the fun but after getting my 10 sec time slips, there wasn't much left for me to do....;)

My car is not a very good bracket car, although at the last BOP (Bremerton), I did go further into eliminations than any other turbo car. So how did the Sy end up running? It looked like you were able to make full passes....

Bill

It was great to see you too Bill, you took off early again... You ran fast though! Great job !
As for me, (you asked!) I was doing great pretty much all day. I was running upper 13.70's the first two T/O's, then it warmed up, weatherwise, and the runs came a little quicker than I would have liked them to be. No real good cooling off time. So it ran in the 13.90's for 3 passes. Kept it under the 14's, though.
During the first two elimination rounds, the two cars red lit against me.. Then, in what was the quarter finals, 6 cars were left....
My opponent, who was driving like a '71 442 Olds, had a 3.5 second handicap on me. He was dialed a 17.51. I was dialed a 13.95. That drove me nuts waiting like that. :mad:
I was totally anxious, and higher on the boost than I have ever been, because it pushed me out of the beams a hair too soon, -.487, and I red lit. I just couldn't hold it anymore :(
But... I ran it out as hard as I possibly could, and went the fastest I have gone ever, a 13.70. I wasn't happy that I lost the race, but I really didn't care, because the Sy went faster... I'm getting it down there. :D
Its not as fast as alot of Buicks out there, but it was going pretty fast for a stock Syclone.. and I mean totally stock, with the exception of the air filter haha.

Too cool Wanda!!! Great job!!! Looks like maybe next season Pat will have to retire and give the race car to you!!! ;) :D :D

Haha, Bill, I don't know about Pat retiring, but he has been kicking around letting me try to drive the racecar. Only thing is, I have to practice doing burnouts in the driveway. I'm not used to this slippery thing like you guys all have, my AWD spoils me..
The neighbors may not like that very much, either, but haha.. its only for a few seconds.. ;)