Anyone have problems fitting ATR's dp after replacing motor mounts??

Maltman

Pipe fit fine when I had the old rubber mounts, but I replaced with polys and the pipe is hitting the heat shield around the heat/ac box and is awful close to the firewall.....and I already trimmed the ridge midway down to accomodate the pipe with stock mounts!

Do we have to try and bend these things to fit? ...I don't like the idea of having it tweaked by a muffler shop!

However, I don't think the computer will like the pipe "knocking" on the metal, so I can't let this slide :(

.....oh yeah, I'm running Poston's headers...but like I said before, it was a good fit before the mounts.

Ideas?

Mark

I have different dp and had same problem. I removed the heat shield and cut off the low front corner of the heater box. Plenty of room now. No apparent problems w/o that heat shield. :)

Ok....good to know about "post removal" of heat shield....mine is resting on the shield as we speak.

I'll hack that corner off......and I suppose I could stick some reflective tape on that spot too just in case :)

....the bends are not right, but that is likely a case of their model car being "off". Either that or it is just my car that is off?

Anyway, I think I can get it to work without bending....it will just require a little "aid" ;)