Anyone have the " for the bulbs on our cars?

RUQWKNF27

Thinking about changing brake and turn signals over to LED's just weighing the cost and all the freaking options you have with light patterns with LED's. Which makes it hard to decide on bulbs. Here look for yourself Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs another board memeber turned me on to this site!

so what's the question?
if you have your owner's manual, it will tell you what bulb goes where.
or head to Wal Mart and look up the bulbs on the computer thing.

LED conversion

I did that a year or so back and my suggestions are:
-buy the lamps that have the greatest output (the more LEDs the more light) that will physically fit your application
-the exception to that rule would be the shifter indicator lamp, I bought the brightest and find its too bright at night.
-use red LEDs for red lights such as tail and brake
-use yellow or amber for the front signal and park lamps
-its your call on indicator and gauge lamp colors
-I also suggest using electronic "heavy duty" flashers otherwise your current draw will be too low to actuate the original flashers.

HTH

Peter

I did that a year or so back and my suggestions are:
-buy the lamps that have the greatest output (the more LEDs the more light) that will physically fit your application
-the exception to that rule would be the shifter indicator lamp, I bought the brightest and find its too bright at night.
-use red LEDs for red lights such as tail and brake
-use yellow or amber for the front signal and park lamps
-its your call on indicator and gauge lamp colors
-I also suggest using electronic "heavy duty" flashers otherwise your current draw will be too low to actuate the original flashers.

HTH

Peter

Do the LED's disperse the light evenly in the instrument panel? Would you do it again?

How many builbs are in the rear taillights? I know the parts # for them are 1157 for the large ones and 194 for the small ones. Right now my car is 600 mi form me!

LED conversion

There are four 1157's and two 1156's in the tail lamp assemblies, I forget what the third brake lamp on the package deck takes but I think I bought a 1156 right angle one for that application. I'm happy with the light dispersion keeping in mind that I bought the ones with most LEDs that would fit the socket holes.
The front of the car has two 1157's for signals and I seem to recall either 191 or 194's for the inner park lamps plus the same for the side marker lamps.
My car must have been built on a Friday because one of the footwell lamps is a 191 and the other was a 1156.
There are two odd balls in the rear side reading lamps (my car is a Ttop) get the longer ones not the shorter ones they fit better. Cylindrical in shape.

Tom H has the website link and Superbright LED's is where I purchased mine their website was very helpful.

My mirror has two maplight reading lamps which I think are 191's like the dash lights.
I didn't do the backups, glove box nor trunk lamps. I goofed and was too late adding more lamps to my order the day after I entered it and shipping is a significant add on cost so I didn't bother. A certain family member is thinking of ordering some if he does I'll add my few addons to his list :)

Yes I would do it again even though its not cheap, I think they are marginally safer because they turn off and on quicker making them more eye catching not to mention their longevity.

You can leave your park lights on intentionally or accidentally and not kill the battery. I left my door open one night in winter time and part of the next day running six lamps no overheating and the battery didn't even hesitate to start the car next afternoon.
Peter

LED conversion

Someone inquired about dash lamp light dispersion which I forgot to address in my last post.
On my car I never liked the dash lighting even after I pulled the honeycomb things and filed them out wider trying to overcome the poor design but even going to all that trouble didn't really do the trick to my satisfaction. So the LED's won't solve that for you.
I made a homemade LED conversion for my boost and fuel pressure gauges from Westach but I don't have them perfected yet the light is too dim. Back to the drawing board on that project. I didn't think anyone was interested so I never mentioned it.

Peter