anyone know about porsche 911s?

ngc414

I stumbled across a pretty nice 1979 911sc with the 3.0 engine & 5 speed. It needs a headliner and the original paint is in bad shape. No rust issues and a little over 100k miles on it. interior is decent. Runs and drives great. Anyone have an idea of what it might be worth? I have been looking on line at them and the prices are all over the place. I am very close to buying it, I just dont know much about these cars.
911sc2.jpg

911sc1.jpg

I would not give more than 8K for that car. Not an ultra desirable car like the 930. What are they asking. I can shoot you value all day long, but it is up to what the current owner thinks it is worth..and how much you are willing to pay.

It is a nice car though.

I've seen similar year/condition models in my area go from $6,500-$12,000 and I think that one would go for about $7,500,

NADA was showing like 13.5k low end and 22k high end for the car. But I never go by the NADA since it is usually never close to what cars are actually selling for.

Don't buy it. The 911 was my all time favourite car, (till the gn came along) and I studied them a lot. First off, they're really cool but not anywhere NEAR as fast as you think they are. Secondly, and most importantly, the maintenance is KILLER. NOTHING is cheap or plentiful. If something goes wrong with that car, goooood luck fixin' it. If you make a lot of money, then you can take it to a porsche mechanic, but if you don't want to spend a lot of money on maintenance, don't buy it. Do what I did, before you look to buy a 911. Go to SEVERAL porsche mechanics, and ask them their thoughts. The mechanics in my area told me of the maintenance horror stories, and the prices, and I walked right out, glad as HELL I didn't buy one.

Don't buy it. The 911 was my all time favourite car, (till the gn came along) and I studied them a lot. First off, they're really cool but not anywhere NEAR as fast as you think they are. Secondly, and most importantly, the maintenance is KILLER. NOTHING is cheap or plentiful. If something goes wrong with that car, goooood luck fixin' it. If you make a lot of money, then you can take it to a porsche mechanic, but if you don't want to spend a lot of money on maintenance, don't buy it. Do what I did, before you look to buy a 911. Go to SEVERAL porsche mechanics, and ask them their thoughts. The mechanics in my area told me of the maintenance horror stories, and the prices, and I walked right out, glad as HELL I didn't buy one.

FOR SURE!! Friend of mine had one (used) not as used as this one. But I seem to remember it requiring a clutch change and costing something way north of $1500. :eek: