Anyone like "Audioslave' ?

I haven't heard the whole Audioslave CD but Rage seemed to have more of an edge. The few 'slave songs I've heard seem pretty mellow. Does the rest of the CD get any rougher? Hard to beat Rage Against the Machine. Except for Tool! :cool:

Originally posted by gn1220
I haven't heard the whole Audioslave CD but Rage seemed to have more of an edge. The few 'slave songs I've heard seem pretty mellow. Does the rest of the CD get any rougher? Hard to beat Rage Against the Machine. Except for Tool! :cool:

Hell yeah. Rage was one of the best live bands I've ever seen. The only topper would be Tool. They put on the best live show I've ever seen, hands down.

You need to check out Clutch if you like Tool and Rage.

The rest of the CD is pretty mellow too. Not anything like Rage, IMHO.
But still a very good CD...it's in my rotation at work.

They are pk but Chris was way better back when he was is SOUNDGARDEN, they were by far the best of the grunge bands, much more talent then any of the others.

I agree that they are a great band, sound real tight. CD is a bit more mellow than Rage & Soundgarden, but I like them just as much, I would recommend the album..

They are really good. I think they sound better than Soungarden and Rage. It is the way it should have been IMO...

I miss Soundgarden, This CD is great though as long as i skip over Like a Stone, no offense to anyone but i hate that song. too slow, I'm not a big fan of slow rock songs shoved between a bunch of hard rock.

Great cd. Glad to see this 'project' work out well. I bought the Cantrell cd when Alice in Chains was no more and that cd was... well marginal at best IMO, and I'm a huge AIC fan.

Clutch huh? never heard of them... new/local or what. Course Tampa radio sucks and since I lost Broadband I don't do internet radio (about the only decent way to here new groups)

Originally posted by GiveUp
I bought the Cantrell cd when Alice in Chains was no more and that cd was... well marginal at best IMO, and I'm a huge AIC fan.

Get "Degradation Trip Volumes 1 and 2", I promise all is well. this is better than any AIC stuff in my opinion.:)

Originally posted by GiveUp
Great cd. Glad to see this 'project' work out well. I bought the Cantrell cd when Alice in Chains was no more and that cd was... well marginal at best IMO, and I'm a huge AIC fan.

Clutch huh? never heard of them... new/local or what. Course Tampa radio sucks and since I lost Broadband I don't do internet radio (about the only decent way to here new groups)

I didn't like the Cantrell CD either. He's a monster on the guitar, but AIC just had that something that brought out the best in all of them. Shame that went down hill. :(

Clutch is a band from Germantown, Maryland. Great stuff. If you get bored, hit Stoner Rock and go to the mp3 jukebox. Choose Clutch from the drop down to download some songs. They're a hoot. :)

didn't really like that first song they released.cornell's voice sounded pretty froggy and rough,kinda reminded me of new ac/dc(anything newer than back in black is new to me;)).

that like a stone song is good,much better.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news:D,but alice in chains was far superior to soundgarden.i liked soundgarden,but they had nowhere near the creative range of alice in chains.to go from songs like down in a hole and don't follow to stuff like sea of sorrow and angry chair shows that a band is more than a one trick pony.

btw,cantrell was the songwriting force behind that band.:)

side note:you guys ever listen to mad season or temple of the dog?

Originally posted by TwoLaneBlackTop
They are pk but Chris was way better back when he was is SOUNDGARDEN, they were by far the best of the grunge bands, much more talent then any of the others.

soundgarden were great, but they shouldnt be labeled as grunge. they were way too good for grunge, they were just rock. and audioslave are very good, but i agree that like a stone is a total radio song, no gusto. i do like what they are going for. i believe that tom morello is one of the most innovative guitarists since eddie van halen.

WFO... Yeah, I know Cantrell was the man. :) Which is why I bought his cd. Like I said it was ok, just not the same without Lane Staley (I think I bucthered AIC lead singers name but its something like that... Oh well he ODed anyway right, so I guess he can't complain) :p

Yeah, I liked Temple and Mad season. Gotta love merging Pearl jam and Soundgarden. How about Mother love bone? :) I think the only grudge band I didn't pike up on was Nirvana. I must be wierd.

Cannot believe how long ago this was, seems like last month I was listening to the radio while working and like a stone had just come out I could have sworn it was Eddie vedder singing on it.. My best childhood friend died recently at 41 from years of heavy drinking he loved Alice in chains since facelift came out, I was too narrow minded and stupid to give anything a chance if it wasn't Metallica, so now I'm going thru all of aic's stuff and I kick myself for not enjoying that heavy ass shit with him, rest in peace Jim I know you and Layne are rockin out up there.

Haha, I thought this was a thread about music streaming apps. Talk about old thread!