Anyone looked into Fueltech EFI?

Steve

Has anyone looked into Fueltech EFI (www.Fueltech.net) on a Buick? I am seeing a good number of heads up drag radial and 10.5 cars(non-Buick) running Fueltech and I checked out thier website and it looks like a nice product. I would be fine using thier complete harness and getting rid of the 30 year old factory harness because that seems like a good idea anyway. I sent the company an email inquiring about thier set up on a Buick but I thought I would check here also in case someone has some experience with it. Thanks

Obviously it's a nice system and works. Seems like you have to buy multiple boxes downstream of the main box depending on what setup you have though.. Somethings are built in to this system but some are in other boxes. Don't know what they are trying to accomplish there. Also shows you can log 64 channels with the main box, but as much as I've stared at the connections, I don't see 64 inputs..... One weird thing is the injector driver box - not sure if the main box can handle low impedance injectors vs. maybe atomizer style or bigger solenoided injectors.

All in all, I think you should buy a setup and let us know how it goes?

I got a response back from Fueltech last night and they recommended thier FT500 with come with touchscreen display. He did say that I would need to go to a 60-2 crank trigger if I wanted to run LSx type CNP ignition. The FT500 has a crazy amount of features and I do like the fact that they do not charge for future upgrades like some of the other manufacturers. I think my buddy is going to swap from XFI/XIM to Fueltech so I may get a chance to check his out before I commit!

What dealer did you contact about .Any idea what its gonna take to convert over to the FeulTech system