Anyone need a Chevy 2.0 longblock from an 84 cavalier?

tjthorson

I put together a summer toy for the wife - an 84 Cavalier F41 Convertible I found for $600. Get this - the car has 51,000 original miles - not a spot of rust or wear in the interior in the car. Heck, the power top, cruise, A/C, and all the power options still work!

Here is the short story - because it sat for so long, every gasket was *pouring* oil - so I pulled the engine to freshen it. There was barely a ridge in the cylinders, all the bearings were good. I cleaned the block and honed it and went to the parts store to order parts.

It was going to cost about $400 for the usual, bearings, gaskets, rings, oil pump, timing set, etc. I found a rebuilt longblock on ebay for $499 so I picked that up. Now, i have this great long-block sitting here, barely worn, that I would HATE to throw in the trash....

If anyone wants it, give me some lunch money and take it home. I have the complete longblock , disassembled ( block is cleaned and honed) - crank, cam, lifters, head, pushrods, etc....

Even if you have a J-Body laying around, might be worth it to save it. I hate to throw it out - but Ill put it on the curb next week for the scavengers if no one speaks up. Email me....