Anyone running a 455 in a G body?

streetknight

DCVING
I'm pondering the idea of doing a NA 455 setup in a Regal most likely. Nothing great, just wanna make a consistent bracket car. I know they make frame mounts for them, but what about headers that will fit the G body?

And if you know any secrets that will save time and $'s would be good too.

I'm just no good @ trying to bracket race the T Type, so I may do this over the winter to another body.

There are oiling mods that you can do to the block and timing cover/ oil pump that will help just like with the Buick V6s. The Regal is a popular BBB 455 platform done many times. TA Performance would have alot of the parts needed for that hybrid.

I have a nice standard bore block -1970 Buick 455 (SF code 370 HP block) that has been magged, checked, and prepped by the machine shop as well as a .010/ .010 turned crank ready to drop in if you are interested. Also have the main caps and pistons. I sold my 70 GS455 this past summer and only have these parts left.

NOt sure his name in this board,But Don Palumbo put one in his old GN and races it.
do a search

I've been working on one for several years now....family life tends to slow projects! I've had the block with the factory manifolds in the car (using the TA mounts), you can fit headers but you'll have to trim up some of the control arm hardware. I bought my crossmember a couple of years ago from iceman (do a search), very nice crossmember for the money! You'll want to invest in a good rear end if you do the swap, I picked up a GN rear several years ago for the job.

I've seen a couple of these cars in action, seems to be a good combination. TA Performance will have most of the parts & advice you need for the swap.

Good luck!

NOt sure his name in this board,But Don Palumbo put one in his old GN and races it.
do a search

Don ran a 10 somthin this past weekend, nice build he has

I seen a BBB for sale on craigslist.. go to Tennesee and tri citys under car parts... it was posted last week, complete motor cheap

I've been helping a recording client with a 85ish 442 with a 455 and it's a slow dragstrip car. The previous owner was delusional and destroyed the car with a fuel cell, racing seats, no inner fenders and a Mr.Gasket water pump kit which allows you 20 minutes of street driving. Car is maybe a high 12 if he had set the timing at 2500rpm all in instead of 3500. LOL

I built this a few years back in Ohio. 1971 455 stage 1, 1968 short shaft turbo 400, 1970 Ford 9", 1971 Q-Jet 800cfm. I haven't driven it in sometime. Its been sitting in my brother's barn for a couple years now. The last time I ran it was at the 2006 Nats in Salem. I added a turbo hood and front T-type spoilers. Put a brand new black rug with gray bench/interior. I kind of got the urge for turbo power lately. Built a couple of T-types since. Kind of thought about converting this one over and dropping my 4.1 in it when its finished......

Attachments

• IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 498
I've built many 455 GS's, Sklylarks and Electras.

My son wants a BBB in a Regal and we will build one over the next year (have three BBB sitting in the shop now).

I'm working on lining up the car right now.

The crossmember is not really an issue for a good pipe guy. Did one with both going under the single bump with a modified X pipe and it worked well.

Mikey