Anyone using a big shaft turbo with a stock long block?

Is that with or without heads and cam? Not the end of 2004 so I guess it ain't with them. ;)

Good job. :)

Gotta try slicks someday myself. :D

What's that thing weigh and what timing you use?

The long block is all stock with the exception of valve springs. The heads and intake have neaver been off the car. I'm not sure of it's weight, I've neaver had it on a scale but the only thing removed from the car is the front sway bay, no aluminum drums or bumper supports. The chip is a Lubrant with 26*.

Is the time in your sig. with the TE67 or the 60? If the TE67, then what was the time with the 60? Was the 60 a TA or TE? Just want clarification. Thanks.

What was your FP set at? Mine is at 45 vac off. My car went static and ran out of fuel on my 118-119 mph runs... My car is heavy though.. Driver too...

I'm locking the converter. Fuel pressure set at 54psi. with the line off. O2's were 770mv. going through the traps.

I ran concestant 50's with the 60 and a best of 11.48 @ 117. It was a Tubonetics stage4 with the intergrated inlet like a TE turbo with a precision housing.

with a TE-45A (T-66) and a 3620# car I went 10.42@130 in the 90º heat at Bowling Green. 3500 Stall non-lockup AC converter. Most of the combo is listed below.

Sully

Originally posted by broke1
And u dont have a stock long block either v6beast.Reread the thread title.:)

I don't need to re-read the title but thanks for your concern :D ... I was just offering up some info on the turbo's potential in a stock block once he got the ported heads and cam he talked about. Usually more info isn't such a bad thing. I even pointed to my combo which pretty clearly shows it isn't exactly stock.

S.

Hello all, I finally made it back out to the track again yesterday for the BPG event in Salem and will be their fot the rest of the weekend. I only got to make one pass yesterday due to working half the day and the weather. I finally got my 10 sec. time slip, 10.97 @ 120. The car shut off just pass the 1000 foot mark for a split second and the started pulling again. I had a difficult time making it back to the pits after the pass as the car kept trying to stall. I checked the OTC and my maf is toast. Fortunitly their are venders up their and I'm going to purchase a translator and ls1 maf. I'll report back at the end of the weekend and let you know if their is any further improvment.

Just got back in from the BPG event and have good news and bad news. I purchased the 3 1/2 LSI MAF and translator and that fixed the problem with my car ( spool-up seems to be improved ). I backed up the 10.97 run with a 10.98.

60-------1.587-----------1.570
330-----4.490------------4.460
1/8------6.969-----------6.931
mph-----98.04------------98.26
1000----9.079------------9.041
1/4-----10.989---------10.977
mph----121.30----------119.37

Now for the bad news I broke another tranny. It happened on the 2-3 shift. Something broke it's just like it's in neatral (God I'm glad these cars have rev limiters). I think I may have snaped the foward drum as the fluid looks great and their are no metal shavings. I just seem to have the worst luck with trannys. At least I have almost a mounth before Norwalk to get things fixed.

Picking up my tranny today. Turned out I did brake the forward drum. Had that replaced with an Art Carr unit and clutches, steels, band and new pump. I can't wait till Norwalk. Jon

TE72 b/b on stock block. No driving issues for a weekend driver.Boost set to18psi. It's a loud SOB when spooling, but thats half the fun! Change the chip,add fuel,open dump, and hang on.:D

God!!!! Threads like this make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :D
If I don't get another GN fast, I'm gonna die.