Anyone with pointers on installing bilsteins?

GN6

Hello. Just ordered a set of Bilstein shocks, and I was just wondering if anyone had installed these themselves and if so, had any pointers to problems, or what to expect. I never installed shocks....lots of other things but not this, cannot be that hard is it?
Also, is there and adjustment or procedure for the front to shocks? I noticed a long stud and rubber bushing on my original stockers and was wondering if there needs to be a particular point of that stud were the bolts need to be torqued to.
Thanks!!

Swapping shocks is among the EASIEST suspension part to swap out. The only 'pointer' I have is to spray ALL the bolts with WD-40 or PB-Blaster 48hrs before you pull them, then again 24 hours before, and again 12 hours before. And again right before you start to pull them.

Ryan

If you're doing this in the driveway I would recommend using jackstands under the frame when working on the rear. Fronts are a breeze.

Since the Bilsteins are gas shocks, they want to stay extended and are difficult to compress by hand. The rears go in easy cuz the rearend hangs down far enough - change one side at a time. The fronts - take the old shocks off with the car on the ground - attach the top shock mount and tighten it to where you need it - use a small jack with a block of wood to raise the shock up to where you can engage the 2 bolts (lube them first) and you won't have any problem. I really like the Bilsteins.

Jim