Are Duralast alternators reliable? What should I get?

klrv6

Have a burnout party!!!
I need one for our '99 Suburban because the bearings in the factory one are screaming, it has 135K on it, not too bad. I found this one at autozone DLG1468-16-4 I would like to stay under $200 if I can but, if needed I'll spend whatever. Any recommendations on a quality one that is commonly stocked at autozone, oreilly's or advance auto. I would like something with a lifetime warranty so i never have to purchase it again.

It's a '99 Suburban 5.7 2wd loaded. Towing package and all.

Thanks!

idk i went through 6 yes 6 alternators in a week on the firebird when it reached redline it just burnt up instantly and died:eek:

idk you should be able to find one alot cheaper

duralast i do not recomend for anything but on a truck idk they are guranteed but how well do you like changing them

I've got the DLG alternator and starter on my car and have had them for 9 years and 150k. 1 of each failed so far and I have never had an issue. The quality may have gone down but I haven't seen it on the DLG line myself.

6 ouch.

I had one on my Sentra for seven years before it took a dump on me.

I use the NAPA brand Alt. Lifetime warranty. No issues so far. And cheaper that the other stores mentioned. At least they were when I bought my alt.

I put a Duralast alternator on my '94 K1500 with the 5.7 and no problems so far. That was back in February. The old one had a bad rear bearing, like yours. Some of the balls from inside the roller bearing were missing. I replaced. When the tested it, it still put out good voltage; and passed on the tester.

Ive never had a problem with any of their stuff. If it goes bad, you get another one.

I have a duralast on my T and had one on my old truck. They both seemed to work good. I screwed up the one on the T a few times frying the regulator (switched the way the excite wire was hooked up...took a few tries to get it right:eek: .) No questions asked by Autozone's employees...got a free return each time:D

find a local place that can rebuild your stocker- i can guarantee that for less money than the chain stores you will get a better part, and most places will guarantee their work. turnoaround will be about a day, usually.

You will be fine. The Duralast Gold line is all 100% new with a Lifetime warranty. Just get a new belt and have no more worries!! If you have issues just bring it to me and I will make it right!:cool: IF ur not too far away

Had to use a duralast alternator on the GN when we were at a buick meet in pueblo colorado few years back - it made the trip back but two days later it quit charging. I was able to get my money back for it and had the original rebuilt.. Still going strong

If you do get one, just make sure it has the lifetime replacement:eek:

I had my GN alt rebuilt and it cost me less than if I built it myself. ??? For me to build it, parts were going to cost me $96. My local guy here has at least 50 years experience and it cost me $69 total labor and parts. I haven't bought anything from Idiot Zone since they changed their name from Auto Shack. :D As far as experience around here with customers buying Duralast and such parts, it's luck of the draw if it will last or I will change it for them 43,000 times before they get a good one.