ARP 12 point head bolts

JUSTA3.8V6

Hey guys, doing ported champion irons and have a few ???? If i go w ARP bolts do these heads need washers or are those for aluminum heads? Are the torque specs higher than stock? Anything special i should know when installing?

looks like the ARP bolts from gbodyparts.com come w washers so i guess that answered one question

A lot of us prefer the stud kit over bolts, but if you already have the bolts no problem, just use them. Be sure to follow the directions with the ARP lube and remember just a dap will do on the lube.

Chuck

Ok, so no Teflon sealant on the ARP? And I can just lay the stock felpro replacents dry correct?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

you need teflon sealant on all threads that go into coolant and for us thats all of them
you need to use assembly lube under bolt head on the washer
make sure you install the washers with the chamfered inner edge toward the bolt head ,

felpro composition gaskets go on dry , make sure head and block are clean

you need teflon sealant on all threads that go into coolant and for us thats all of them
you need to use assembly lube under bolt head on the washer
make sure you install the washers with the chamfered inner edge toward the bolt head ,

felpro composition gaskets go on dry , make sure head and block are clean

Like PACECARTA said. I believe I torqued mine at 75ft lbs.

In addition to the advice above. Use a good teflon sealer, permatex 59235 works well, others may have suggestions, the lower temp permatex does not work as well. Use only water in the cooling system until no leaks have been confirmed. Use GM seal tabs. Do not retorque the bolts. Chase the holes in the block then clean thoroughly with a wire brush, then a good solvent that does not leave a residue. I learned the hard way, won't make that mistake again.

If using the ARP studs with IRONS then yes the mid length studs (there is 3 lengths) need a total of two washers per stud. And I prefer permatex #2 on the studs going into the block

The seal tabs go in the radiator, you can get them from a GM dealer, lots of threads with mention of the seal tabs. They seal small areas that might seep coolant.

They also seal some pretty impressive leaks as well. I drop one or two tabs in every car I do coolant system change.