ARP stud part# for rwd blazer/ s10 swap?

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1386987712.998993.jpg

Got you thanks again charlie. Not sure how long these will last but i prob will put less than 5k on the gn a yr when done

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you get them look and see if the center of the hub is sealed. If not, take one of the hubs to a parts store and find a couple of freeze plugs you can drive in. then fill the cavity in the knuckle with bearing grease. From the ones I've replaced it looks like the grease got old and failed so the bearing failed.

Because metallurgy, material strength and thread design go beyond brand name. Owned both, can easily tell the difference just torquing wheels. No need to brag, just don't want to be the DA sitting there with sheared off lugs at an inopportune time (or trying to extract a spinning stud from inadequate spline engagement). As a professor I had once said, Darwin developed a theory for a reason...

do people break that many stock replacement lug studs?
i know i never have...

If you check evilbay you can get the hub assemblies new, for as little as $40 shipped. Three bolts hold it in place so just take them off and hit the hub with a hammer and it falls off.

Not sure....Is there a difference between the 2wd & 4wd hub?

Yes and no Scott. Basic design is the same but the center of the 4wd hub is open and splined where the 2wd has a cap where the hole for the CV axle is on the 4wd.

i think the consensus a few years back was that the 4X4 hub is the same as the 2wd hub except for the splines... and the price...
i still don't see the benefit of swapping to this style of hub... the old style bearings are a lot cheaper and last a lot longer, and you can make an old worn out rotor into a hub pretty easily if bigger brakes is what you are after..