Astro Roof Headliner Help!

jlasinski

I have just dropped the headliner in my "85 GN to recover it. Got that out with no problems thanks to all the posts here. My question is, How do I get the Astro Roof Slider cover out so I can recover it? Thanks, John

I did mine a couple years ago and I think I had to pull the glass and take it out the top. Once the glass is out there is some guides on the side of the cover and you can bow it a little to get the guide out. One bit of advice that I do remember that I messed up on. Leave a couple of inches of material around the openening on the headliner. You will need the extra to tuck it in the track then install the lace trim. Mine was almost too short but got it to fit.

Wow. This is quite the job. I did leave extra material to tuck into the track around the sunroof. Guess I will tackle taking the sunrood out so I can recover. Thanks

To do it right you need to take the astro roof out .. Just did an 13k astro t .. Took the whole thing out to find both drains pluged .. When you bow them you take a chance of breaking the trim & will not clear the vents .. Bye the way both vents were pluged up from some wise azz at gm that put wire down both of the drains to plug them . Thats what you get when you hire crack heads & drunks . Gm is filled with them ..