astroroof ?

CJ's6

Need to replace my factory installed astroroof seal around the glass (rubber seal). Do i have to drop the whole astroroof to do this or can i do it with the astroroof still in the car? Any thoughts on this?

astro roof seal

when I did mine I removed the headliner, the bolts for the assembly, I felt that in order to properly clean the old seal off and get the new one on, it had to be done this way. There are drain lines that go down in different locations, so be careful. One person can do it but for safety reasons (weight/awkward) get a freiend.

Need to replace my factory installed astroroof seal around the glass (rubber seal). Do i have to drop the whole astroroof to do this or can i do it with the astroroof still in the car? Any thoughts on this?

Has to come out to do it right.

A friend and I did mine back in 1998 and it wasn't too bad of a job. The hardest part is getting the headliner out (I had mine recovered at the same time) and then it is only 6 or 8 bolts that hold the astroroof in. It is better to get a new seal on there so that water doesn't leak into the Astroroof assembly drip pan since it is a pretty easy job to do.

i have a question.do you have to remove the glass to install the new seal?(if you drop the whole sunroof assembly?) if so dose anybody know how to do it(i know you don"t want to screw with the cables so it dosn't go out of adjustment.any help would be appreciated.jim

Once you have the roof out you just pull thae plastic trim and slider and unbolt glass . Be real careful cleaning glue from old seal off .I got a little crazy on mine and hit the glass.It scratches real easy:eek: