ATF front mount

87GNasty

I tried searching with no luck........

How good are these?

i have a awesome lead on one of these. Are the decent, and what should i expect to pay for a good used one?

Thanks guys

Rob

Did you mean ATR?

Never heard of an ATF front mount.
If ATR, there are better front mounts available. Cottons, BA Performance, PTE, the list goes on and on.
HTH

Patrick

Don't get me wrong, they do work and there are a lot of them out there, but unless it was super uber cheap, I would look else where. When I say cheap, I'm talking 50-100 bucks cheap. There are better front mounts out there that give superior cooling capabilities with more surface area than the older ATR unit.
Just my O2's worth.

Patrick

Don't get me wrong, they do work and there are a lot of them out there, but unless it was super uber cheap, I would look else where. When I say cheap, I'm talking 50-100 bucks cheap. There are better front mounts out there that give superior cooling capabilities with more surface area than the older ATR unit.
Just my O2's worth.

Patrick

I agree. The ATR unit has VERY short center section tubes. There has to be "residence time" in the core to efficiently cool the charge air. The latest intercoolers out there do ALOT better job of cooling the charge air. The longer the tubes are the more time the charge air is in the core section dissipating heat. There are volumes written about intercooler theory. Don't bore yourself with all the details (unless you are like me and are a student of horsepower) and just buy a good aftermarket intercooler from a reputable vendor. I like the Precision stock mount deal. It fits nice and works GREAT! But any of the current models will probably work just fine. The stock location Precision unit is WAY superior to the ATR unit. http://www.precisionturbo.net/ART/buick-stock-location-b.jpg

I purchased one for 275.00 here recently on this board, very glad i did cause for that amount i can sell my stocker.

Heres my thoughts on it.

Sell the stocker for 75.00
Didnt have to upgrade to the dutt neck 60.00
Weld it on 50.00
185.00 I saved not trying to upgrade a stock IC with no real benefits.

For 90.00 difference in the long run, my daily driver will have a few more ponies over a stock IC with the duttweiler neck, and now with the 1000.00 original price tag ATR ic i feel confident my IC will go 10s on alky with little to no effort.
Hope that makes sense.

BW

I purchased one for 275.00 here recently on this board, very glad i did cause for that amount i can sell my stocker.

Heres my thoughts on it.

Sell the stocker for 75.00
Didnt have to upgrade to the dutt neck 60.00
Weld it on 50.00
185.00 I saved not trying to upgrade a stock IC with no real benefits.

For 90.00 difference in the long run, my daily driver will have a few more ponies over a stock IC with the duttweiler neck, and now with the 1000.00 original price tag ATR ic i feel confident my IC will go 10s on alky with little to no effort.
Hope that makes sense.

BW

Now that right there sounds like a math problem you see in a calculus 3 book written by Stephen Hawking himself.

Just giving you a hard time haha

Jason

i had an atr on my old car and kept blowning the hose off ! i wasnt to happy with it, it does have a small core for cooling! but anything is better then stock.