• ATR SS 3 in Duals

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Both the same

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
Ok,

Driving my car the other day for the first time in a year,.... THE NOISE IS KILLING ME. I have the ATR Single Shot and was thinking of moving to the dual SS ATR's.. Is the droning or noise reduced by them cause the single is nuts.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. I have thought of something that might help. Could you add a muffler where the converter is/was?

I would go with ATRs 2 1/2" system, it's the best. The droning is significantly reduced when going from the Single Shot system. The Single Shot is way too loud IMO, shouldnt' be used for street set ups, only track use.

i had an atr single shot to which ive added a crossflow ultraflow muffler. single 3 in and dual 2 1/2.

no drone and very nice sound at wot

surej

sorry I don't have an answer, but if you sell the single shot let me know if you could. I'm looking to get one.
Thanks
CJ
slowGN

I haven't had the single shot, but I have had the ATR dual with PitBull muffs, and currently have Cottons dual with Walker Ultraflow.

The ATR still has a bit of a drone, but nothing seriously irritating, IMO, just kinda a grumble. Fit was good, though it touched the floorboard after the cat and some "persuading" was necessary to keep it from touching.

The Cotton/Ultraflow has virtually no drone, and fit was excellent, even though it was a 2.75" dual (no longer available, I believe). Folks who have been in my car are surprised by how quiet it is.

HTH

My first GN had the ATR SS duals with SS Pit Bulls, no cat and a 2½ downpipe. The sound was impressive to say the least. Not too loud to be annoying and just enough to let the mildly trained ear know it wasn't a normal V-6.

I sure miss that sound and even though I can afford one for my current GN I can't modify it from stock. That's what I get for owning a museum.

Single Shot...

I have the 3in. ATR S.S. Single Shot on my car right now. It's true that there is a little drone, but it's not my everyday driver though. On the other hand, for racing, there is no other exhaust system better than that, except if you're using a fender dump pipe...

'bye!
Claude

Anybody try the 3in ATR Crossflow??? Im thinking about going with one.Its gonna be either the crossflow or the single shot for me.:)

Nothing wrong with the ATR 3" Crossflow system.

Bought one used and it was mint and the fact that it's stainless helps a lot.

Sound is excellent.

Looks great too.

On my GN.

I'l vote for the Crossflow too. I just installed mine this week, than it snowed.....twice. So far it sounds great, and the install went really smooth. :D

Warp6

The quick answer to your question is no it will not help to put a muffler where the cat goes. First the high heat will burn it out in a week or two, and the longer the tailpipe is after the muffler the less it will quiet it down and more likely it will be that it will still drone. The closer to the rear the muffler is the less drone there will be. I put one where the cat goes at one time and it really hardly made any difference at all. I took it back out.