Autolite AR3933 plugs

Ed Valvo

Anyone have any electrical gremlins using Autolite AR3933 plugs? I believe this is a non resistor type plug. I bought a set after reading quite a few using them but then I realized they were non resistor type.

No non-resistor core plugs will go in my car. Not after the fiasco I had trying to figure out why my car would reset the ecm only when powerlogger was hooked up during WOT. I dont even understand the use. Ill never believe a 6-800hp engine would pick up anything just by changing to solid core plugs. I just dont buy it.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Are you looking for a 3/4 reach plug for aluminum heads? Check out the NGK 5430 BCR8ES. Its a resistor plug. gasketed.
Found most easily on ebay.

I've seen the non-resistor plugs be problem free on some cars and I've seen them cause issues on others. Most commonly loss of powerlogger connection during a pull.

Thanks for the NGK part number. Already have some AR3933's but have yet to run the car. I'll be getting the NGK's to try as well. Anyone have issues with aftermarket engine management systems?