B-body MC w/ G-body Reservoir

Spdrcer34

I completed my 1LE swap on my Cutlass.

I have a B-body Master Cylinder, and Reservior. I read somewhere that I need to swap to a G-body Reservoir to clear the hood.

Is this MANDATORY? There's only about 1/4" of height difference between them. Is that REALLY enough to make a difference? My hood isn't installed so I can't verify.

While we're on the subject, where can I get a 'chrome' Reservoir cap/cover? I have one for my stock MC, but the Cast Iron MC's had a smaller reservoir, and therefor a smaller cap.

TIA,
Ryan

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't think the factory one was THAT close to the hood in the first place. And to raise it up another 1/4" or so wouldn't interfere with anything.

Since I posted this, I went to the JY, and got a G-body Reservoir anyway.

I found a few places online that ALSO sell the Chrome MC Reservoir Cover.

http://www.performancechrome.com/en-us/dept_366.html

Thanks again,
Ryan

Both the Turbo Regals and the B body wagons used the powermaster system. When you swap in a B body powermaster the reservoir is different and people change those out.

I would look to change to a later model MC, like from a Monte Carlo SS. Lighter (aluminum, like 7 lbs. lighter) and more modern looking. Get the one that matches your bore diameter needs - I've had good luck with advice from Master Power.

j