Back to what this board is for??

• Hell yea!!!

Votes: 53 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters

jmidolo

Sexy MF Joe
I have been a member of the GNTType list for almost 8 years, and in 8 years I have never seen any type of BS that I have seen in the past year between these 2 Buick Bulletin boards. I belong to Gnttype, tb.com, tbs.com, and NEBRA

Why? I am not quite sure, maybe because the moderators and creators Scott Keller, Ken Mosher and Rich Inacker are just Buick enthusiasts and that it wasn't a business, or maybe they are just better at keeping subjects on track and not let things lead astray. Don't get me wrong, there have been offtopic threads that have gone on for a post or two..but NOTHING close to the magnitude of this BS. I was saddened to hear that it may possibly close down due to lack of funds and the work it requires, but given the sh*t between these 2 online forums, I hope that's not the case as it seems to be the only online source for Buick info where you don't have to sift through all this nonsense for plain 'ol Buick talk.

I love all 4 of these Buick communities and have met some great people over the years and would hate to see any shut down...

So, who's for getting back to BUICK talk and forgetting all this BS. Who ***** really cares??? Settle it between the parties involved and leave it off the boards..if there's lawyers involved and it truely is something serious, fine..let it be. Just take it off the board!

Forgot to mention, I posted this on both boards....or...I should say boreds as of lately :)

Originally posted by jmidolo

So, who's for getting back to BUICK talk and forgetting all this BS. Who ***** really cares??? Settle it between the parties involved and leave it off the boards..if there's lawyers involved and it truely is something serious, fine..let it be. Just take it off the board!

I agree ...Now lets keep the foul language off the board too.

There's fussing and fighting and pissing and moaning on most boards these days. Sometimes the servers will crash and loose everything if it gets too heated up. ;)

I hope it can return to the community running the board. I remember not long ago, members were begging to donate money, buy a banner, heck we even had a huge raffle and t-shirt sale at BG 2002 to raise money for Jason.
Now it is like it is not our community anymore. It is more like a business provided service. That really takes the personal aspect out of it for me. Members were proud to be a part of the community BB because they were a part of it's success and feeling they were part of helping out Jason to keep it going.
I remember at the beginning of Bruce's ownership that he said that the board will be free to the users now and the burden will be put on paying advertisers. The donation box disappeared and I'm not sure but I think the store is gone. We have been forced out of being a part of the board and big business has moved in.
I think I can liken it to Wal-Mart moving in to a small town and shutting down all of the mom and pop stores. It is nice to have a big Wal-Mart but it is just not the same as going in to the little hardware store that you actually knew the owners name.
I know my post is wrought with "feelings' and "opinions" and it may really not be the way I percieve, but it is exactly how this long time member feels. I think we have truly hit an all time low. I have been truly embarrased by some peoples actions from this board.
I'm not silly enough to think everything used to be perfect but there is always going to be things that all do not agree with and can get heated up. I remember some of the grief the mods used to go through to try to keep things in line. But then they were doing it for us members (family) not for business. I remember a few "I've had enough" posts from the old mods but they did the right thing for the most part and they stuck with us because they loved the board, not because they wanted you to buy their part.
My boss taught me to never come in griping without bringing a solution. Maybe we should make suggestions on how to give this board back to the community and try to regain some pride in what we have here. Sorry for the overuse of "I remember";)

I agree with some of your points Rick. However, I think the perception of it being big business is not accurate. This is a mom and pop type operation and is not intended to be a money making or business making situation. The main goal is to supply the best atmosphere and industry guru's possible to the members. Yes we would like to have members frequent our sponsor vendors. They are the ones to keep the board paying it's bills.

The BS does need to go for sure. That is being dealt with and we will make a statement on that point as soon as we legally can. Other than that, we are thru with that topic. The only reason it has invaded these pages is because it was the major cause of problems that all of us using this service have encountered.

It would be a good thing to have a suggestion area set up for positive ideas to be placed and discussed. Maybe we can have a thread in this forum to acheive that very item.

The board does not support bashing of either members or vendors. It has been much more visible when someone has a gripe about a vendor, but there have been many more instances that an individual has been slammed and we have stepped in. Those cases receive far less post time and go unnoticed in most cases. You can ask any of the vendors here, they are not sheltered in any manner, but on the same point, they also are not setting targets for some unhappy patron. Vendors have no special priviledges at all. They come here, spend time and answer questions and try to improve the quality of information the members can get. Yes, we would like the members to buy from them, but it is putting back into the community. It is likened to buying American, only on a smaller scale.

I am sorry that you have the sense of this being at a low, I would have to agree though. This situation that is on going is not of our making. We however are left to clean it up. This will pass and the community will be solid again. There is no one person that can bring this close knit society to it's knees. They have tried and it has been directed at ruining and discrediting TB.com. Hopefully we can move on after all this BS and restore some dignity to the GN services online.

Mark I have not posted here for a while due to the problems between the boards. I personally prefer the format of TB's.com but that doesn't mean I don't like it here too. Rick's above post is the most unbiased to the point response I've seen on this matter on both boards. There are faults on both boards that need to be addressed. Until you guys start listening to the members these boards will be left with only banners and nobody to see them...

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
It would be a good thing to have a suggestion area set up for positive ideas to be placed and discussed. Maybe we can have a thread in this forum to acheive that very item.

We have this, but the suggestions seem to fall on deaf ears. The "Site Suggestions and Help" forum has many topics, but few replies. The first seven post are unanswered. :(

I sent an e-mail asking for help to 'webmasters@turbobuick.com'. Is this the correct address? One of the topics is that the address isn't working.

Thanks. :)

Originally posted by 2quiktocare

I am sorry that you have the sense of this being at a low, I would have to agree though. This situation that is on going is not of our making. We however are left to clean it up. This will pass and the community will be solid again. There is no one person that can bring this close knit society to it's knees. They have tried and it has been directed at ruining and discrediting TB.com. Hopefully we can move on after all this BS and restore some dignity to the GN services online.

Here is the the problem. Denial of the fact that yes you did create the problems that exist on this board that people complain about everyday. You are not cleaning it up, it will not just pass on its own, and I doubt that on the current path this community will be solid again. I ran this board every day for some time and know how hard it is. NO ONE understands both sides like me. You guys need to open your eyes and see that you have problems here that are of your own creation. Not caused by some crap from the outside that is trying to destroy you. If someone REALLY wants to hurt you right now you are making it pretty easy for them.
Mike Licht

Originally posted by jmidolo
I have been a member of the GNTType list for almost 8 years, and in 8 years I have never seen any type of BS that I have seen in the past year between these 2 Buick Bulletin boards. I belong to Gnttype, tb.com, tbs.com, and NEBRA

So If I have this correct, you mean this board & gnttype?

Are the other boards a better place for an old dude like me to hang out?
I notice The Nebra is a tad quiet for me.
& a lot of young dudes here.
I guess different generation than me :(

How are the tbs.com & Gnttype??

Originally posted by Mike Licht

Here is the the problem.

Denial of the fact that yes you did create the problems that exist on this board that people complain about everyday.

You are not cleaning it up, it will not just pass on its own, and I doubt that on the current path this community will be solid again.

I ran this board every day for some time and know how hard it is. NO ONE understands both sides like me.

You guys need to open your eyes and see that you have problems here that are of your own creation.

Not caused by some crap from the outside that is trying to destroy you. If someone REALLY wants to hurt you right now you are making it pretty easy for them.

Mike Licht

Mike,

Your descriptive post above would've truly been worth its weight in gold, *IF* you'd first charged a $10,000.00 crisis intervention consultation fee.

Hopefully, your words as one of the Founding Fathers in the TR community will get through,
although as you pointed out, all our efforts
are triple-doomed against such enmeshed *denial* and *blame* coming from all of the four "faces" of TB.com.

Just like not every one has the necessary skills to play Pro Ball, the past year (particularly the past 6 months) has proved at least 4 people currently here should stick to what they CAN do well and not feel bad they are just not cut out to continue in any operational role on a BB.

No dishonor in that at all...but there is in continuing on the same course, with the same personalities...with the predictably dysfunctional responses and destructive outcomes.

Thanks for speaking out to help, Mike.

It would be nice to see the board management respond with there views and ideas. On a side note these feelings that many members have started well before the alleged problems you claim you are having now. Whatever happened can't be blamed for how the board deals with problems and day to day views

Originally posted by Mike Licht
Here is the the problem. Denial of the fact that yes you did create the problems that exist on this board that people complain about everyday. You are not cleaning it up, it will not just pass on its own, and I doubt that on the current path this community will be solid again...........

Sorry Mike, that is your opinon and you are entitled to it, though far from the facts.

The board does not have problems, we have a very few members that try to create problems, and they do not like the way we deal with them. When Bruce took over the board it was determined that one objective would be to make sure is is "PG" in nature. A very few members thought differently, and determined that thay had the right to say or post whatever they wanted regardless of board policy.

The tech information here for turbo Buicks is best available anywhere. Some of the best tech people available are board members and moderators. In all the tech areas there is great TECH info like there should be, and the Lounge is where other "stuff" is posted. Seems like a "solid" arrangement to me? And of course the Lounge is where debates, and such, should take place.

There is also the comment [again from the disgruntled few] about us "protecting vendors". What we do is protect the TRUTH. This has been illustrated recently in a couple threads that got out of hand because of mis-statements and a "few" with no interest in the situation commenting to fuel the debate.

Just what is it we need to "clean up"? With our membership increasing every day, I see the path getting brighter every day! We always listen to members comments and we receive LOTS more positive input than the same old junk from the same unhappy few.

Originally posted by Nick Micale
Sorry Mike, that is your opinon and you are entitled to it, though far from the facts.
The facts as you see them or as they are? I posted my opinion of the facts as I see them

The board does not have problems, we have a very few members that try to create problems, and they do not like the way we deal with them. When Bruce took over the board it was determined that one objective would be to make sure is is "PG" in nature. A very few members thought differently, and determined that thay had the right to say or post whatever they wanted regardless of board policy.
If you honestly think there are NO problems here then I would suggest you read a little and maybe rethink some things. There are always problems in one form or another, it hjust depends on how you want to accept or deal with them. Funny from the day this board was born I made it a "PG" board I told TurboMike and RU (the two greatest mods EVER IMO) that nothing that you would not want your kids to read should be here. That was my guideline. I don't see how that was some new idea.

The tech information here for turbo Buicks is best available anywhere. Some of the best tech people available are board members and moderators. In all the tech areas there is great TECH info like there should be, and the Lounge is where other "stuff" is posted. Seems like a "solid" arrangement to me? And of course the Lounge is where debates, and such, should take place.
No question about the tech section, it is the best. The lounge is the the way it always was what is th point here?

There is also the comment [again from the disgruntled few] about us "protecting vendors". What we do is protect the TRUTH. This has been illustrated recently in a couple threads that got out of hand because of mis-statements and a "few" with no interest in the situation commenting to fuel the debate.
Well here is one area where we may differ. I allowed any post by a member about a vendor or his offering. I have seen posts deleted here that were not about sponsors. Now I understand that non sponsors should not post promotional info and the business side of that. But not members. I also don't agree with the current "vendor bashing" policy but I would rather talk privately about that.

Just what is it we need to "clean up"? With our membership increasing every day, I see the path getting brighter every day! We always listen to members comments and we receive LOTS more positive input than the same old junk from the same unhappy few.
Those are someone elses words I was responding to. I would insert "re-think" in place of clean up. This place has grown from the day it was put on the web, nothing new there. I have a strong interest in this place I put an awful lot of time and money into it, more than most of you ever will. I have strong personal feelings about it. You say how much positive e-mail you get, maybe I should start to forward the negitive stuff I get from many folks I don't even know. I got more e-mail and phone calls in the past 3 months than I have in the past three years and it is not from the "same few" either. I DO have interest in this place and while it may not be mine anymore, I still think of it as part of me, I wish it to prosper and survive. If you or anyone else wish to discuss my concerns you all know where to find me. Until then I have made my opinion known and that is all I wanted to do. So I willnot post any more comments on this topic
Mike Licht