Backpressure Sensor

Love hardlines, I need to work on a few more.

Attachments

• 1453748924237.jpg
    1453748924237.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 187
I've run at least of mile of hardline in my 20 years in industry, all the way up to 2". I wish I had better equipment for home use.

That looks nice. What are some typical exhaust turbine back pressure ranges?

Sackracing where do you get the fittings and ends for that kind of line and the line itself? What is it called? Do hydraulic brake flare tools work or is that all compression fittings?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

It's 37 degree hydraulic flare, used a Rigid hand flare tool. The ferrules and swivel nuts are aluminum from Summit Racing. I got the stainless .035 wall tubing from Grainger.

I'm not measuring EGT, but it's typical to hit 1600+ degrees.

That looks nice. What are some typical exhaust turbine back pressure ranges?

I misread this earlier. I really don't know what the backpressure ranges will be on my car. I know how much c02 I need to make what Boost I run, and it's a lot. A whole lot.

45 pounds of c02 to make 28 pounds of intake boost.

I've always been curious to see how much potential back pressure there may be on the exhaust turbine side & how it might effect engine pumping losses.

I misread this earlier. I really don't know what the backpressure ranges will be on my car. I know how much c02 I need to make what Boost I run, and it's a lot. A whole lot.

how much spring pressure is in the gate?

Something is not working there.

I talked to NLR about the spring and he said leave it and turn the c02 up

With the light spring for low boost launches it will require more co2 to achieve high boost numbers. If you ran a heavier spring you wouldn't need as much c02. Also if you had less exhaust back pressure you wouldn't need to run as much co2 as you would have less exhaust pressure trying to open the valve

we run a 7psi spring and a RJC style tap and dont crack the gate till 21psi no worries have been 30-40psi by accident on occasion lol