bad o2 sensor?

jsmith

Warmed up here in Wisconsin this weekend, Got the car out to blow the winter dust off of it and rolling through the scanmster my cross counts were stuck at 57. never moved until just about home then jumped to 85 that was it. Last summer I thought they were moving slow and yesterday nothing. Everything else on the scanmaster looked fine, ran fine to. That's the sign of a bad o2 sensor right? I see full throttle speed has the denso on sale. I've always heard to use the gm unit, anyone have an opinion on the denso?

Also since I've owned the car, at start up it rev's high then settles to idle will sometimes surge at idle. I've reset tps and iac over and over even removed iac to see if it was ok. Could I need a new iac valve? or any other idea's as to the problem.

Thanks in advance guys

jeff

I use the Denso most of the time as it seems more lead tolerant to me - I can get 5 trips to the track using leaded gas before it dies. I use the AC for emissions testing as it seems to me to have a faster cross-count - though leaded gas kils it in no time.