Baddest Procharged SBF Outlaw 10.5 car?? (Jim Blair's Silver Bullet)

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
silverbullet19.jpg

silverbullet17.jpg

silverbullet18.jpg

silverbullet16.jpg

silverbullet20.jpg

silverbullet21.jpg

I think so!!! :biggrin: :cool:

Thanks Steve, that thing is sick.
I have to wonder why someone would run a big blower like that in a outlaw class. That this must take over 300HP to turn!

John, Haven't heard any dyno #'s I will have to ask Laz as I know he is buddies with these guys and he is not too far from their shop... I found out about these pics today cause my dad met a guy that just started working at this shop ATF Speed.. 'Bout time they updated this website with some new pics of the new Ronnie Crawford built motor!!!

I hope procharger is giving him that set-up for free. Procharger came out with the chain drive because of belt problems, now they have a direct coupling to attach the blowers gear drive to the crank. I have only seen one of the direct drives so far.

Nice car. I don't understand though. He has an intercooler and 4 fuel rails like it would be on alcohol. He must be planning to make a lot of power to require 16 injectors on a gas engine. This is another reason why I would hate a blower car. He probably has to put 2400hp worth of fuel in the car to make 2000. I have heard these big blowers take around 400hp or so to turn. Maybe the reason for 16 injectors???

Dusty Bradford said:
I hope procharger is giving him that set-up for free. Procharger came out with the chain drive because of belt problems, now they have a direct coupling to attach the blowers gear drive to the crank. I have only seen one of the direct drives so far.

Nice car. I don't understand though. He has an intercooler and 4 fuel rails like it would be on alcohol. He must be planning to make a lot of power to require 16 injectors on a gas engine. This is another reason why I would hate a blower car. He probably has to put 2400hp worth of fuel in the car to make 2000. I have heard these big blowers take around 400hp or so to turn. Maybe the reason for 16 injectors???

Is alcohol legal in that class? IF he had alcohol he wouldn't need an intercooler..hmmm I know Wade Hopkins has 160 lb inj on his procharged Outlaw DR car and he is running static to get ~1600. He is sending the BS3 back now to change to 16 injectors..

Dusty Bradford said:

Pretty sure Procharger was sponsoring his white cobra so I would ASSume they are giving him this set-up for free.. He is definitely planning to make a LOT of power as these guys would like to be a major player in the Outlaw 10.5 stuff not just show up to qualify if you know what I mean... Based on what they were able to accomplish with the white cobra I'm sure they will be able to "Git-R-Done" with the Silver Bullet! :biggrin:

If he's running outlaw 10.5 here in the south then alky is legal. Like you said though he wouldn't need an intercooler. Looks like Wade and the other blower cars are finding out it takes more than 500hp to spin those big blowers if they need more than 8-160's to make 1600hp+

Wade has a nice write up in the new Hot Rod with him winning the DR race in Memphis.

Dusty Bradford said:
If he's running outlaw 10.5 here in the south then alky is legal. Like you said though he wouldn't need an intercooler. Looks like Wade and the other blower cars are finding out it takes more than 500hp to spin those big blowers if they need more than 8-160's to make 1600hp+

Wade has a nice write up in the new Hot Rod with him winning the DR race in Memphis.

I just don't get giving away 500HP even if it is free. :(

U need power to pump x amount of air into an engine(na,fi).Turbos run on exhaust back pressure ,superchargers runs on the belt .theres no free lunch.

turbos only take about 5 to ?HP to spin, that is about 400HP less than a big blower.

That is why most Classes allow blowers to run bigger ci and some times bigger heads. In addition look at a turbo that make 1600HP ~ 91MM Compressor, then look at how much bigger the compressor for a blower is.

I spoke with someone on this same issue before the mega blowers like the F3R were out. He did the fuel calcs and at that time a blower car would consume 400hp MORE fuel than a turbo car making the same power on the same dyno. HHMMMMM

I agree there is no free lunch but it's pretty obvious if a car is having to run 16 injectors to have enough fuel to feed a blower this size then they do require a butt load more fuel.

Like this Wade Hopkins that V6racer knows. He's making 1600 and is out of injector on his procharged engine. 1600hp is no sweat for 8-160's on a turbo motor.

He is sponsored by Pro Charger...

Sooooo, he gets to test all kinds of goodies. The Silver Bullet used to be Turbo, but Jim's always liked the supercharger over the turbo. Getting ready for the '06 season.
By the way, he is selling his 36' gooseneck Exxiss, '02 REAL NICE setup compressor with air lines throughout, outside lights, Halogen, winch, diesel generator w-40 gal aluminum tank, cabinets etc, etc. He just bought a mac-daddy stacker.

That is great to hear about the sponsor ship.
That is a beautiful car and I remember when the Scranton's brought it out.
I am not going to bet against a Crawford Motor.

I don't really see what it matters how much it takes to spin it. You can only put SO MUCH to the ground anyway.. haha...
;)

Jeff Cooner's/Randy Sharpston's L/S car was procharged and a badass ride until it got destroyed.
I think it had gone 4.89 in the 1/8th on a REAL 10.5.

John Wilde said:
That is great to hear about the sponsor ship.
That is a beautiful car and I remember when the Scranton's brought it out.
I am not going to bet against a Crawford Motor.

So this is the Scranton's old Fox Body they called the silver bullet?

Dusty Bradford said:
I spoke with someone on this same issue before the mega blowers like the F3R were out. He did the fuel calcs and at that time a blower car would consume 400hp MORE fuel than a turbo car making the same power on the same dyno. HHMMMMM

I agree there is no free lunch but it's pretty obvious if a car is having to run 16 injectors to have enough fuel to feed a blower this size then they do require a butt load more fuel.

Like this Wade Hopkins that V6racer knows. He's making 1600 and is out of injector on his procharged engine. 1600hp is no sweat for 8-160's on a turbo motor.

Yes, when Wade put the combo down on paper they were shooting for 2000 hp. On the dyno the first pull was around 1670 hp and the injectors were maxed out.. they were using the 2000 hp figure in fuel, but the blower obviously was using up all the hp. He wanted to use a turbo on the red car but the blower was basically given to him to use. Also a turbo car would be harder to race in a competitive class like ODR. Wade has built a turbo car that is in the mid eights with small <340 ci engine. When he finishes his new shop I think you'll see some serious cars coming out of there.

I'll be running against 1 of them in EZ street if he compete's but I think his main focus is NMRA.

John Kolivas