Baer 12" brake conversion - which one to get?

Rogue74

I decided to scrap (well sell) my b-body 12" brake conversion kit in favor of Baer stock spindle conversion. I wanted to see which version people on here were using. I don't want to spend a small fortune, but I want a good setup. I've got 16" wheels on the front so 13" rotors are out of the question.

Why stock spindle?

The only reason to do this is for the taller spindle and negative roll like the Global West kit. Big brakes are just a bonus.

You can still do Baer brakes on a tall spindle if you have to have the Baers.

My opinion, worth every single penny I charge you for it :D :D

But I am biased. I did the negative roll kit on my GN, liked it so much I did it to my 65 Vista Cruiser wagon. The wagon handles better than my wife's GN.

Food for thought, Mark

I'm not familiar with the negative roll kit, what is it?

The Global West uca's are shorter than stock which are required with use of taller spindles. Its not the uca's that changes the suspension geometry but the taller spindles. Factory suspension has a pos camber curve which the outside front tire upon compression in a curve gains camber but with taller spindles its opposite so there is a neg camber gain. The outside tire stays flatter so more tread in contact with the ground. This link shows part# for uca's from UBmachine that supposingly work with the tall spindles and are only $100 a set. "Big Brake" Conversion. - OldsPower.com