Baer brake kit specifics

STAGE 2

3rd and long
For anyone who has ordered this kit, will the 11" kit work with the stock powermaster and does Baer offer slotted only rotors?

baer

i bought my Baer brake system for the front 8 years ago and have somebody installed it for me they didn't touch anything else, you can opt either slotted or not when it comes to the discs and mine was non-slotted and worked just fine. It's money well spent in my opinion the stopping distance (117 feet) was unbelievable and fade free repeatedly. Say goodbye to mushy feeling everytime you hit the brake pedal. Hope this helps. Oh before i forget you need to have at least a 17" wheels for clearance unless there's something new.

With the other brake options (S10 or LS1 brake kits) I cannot see going with the Baer kit which is basically the same thing as those just about twice as much money. However, any kit will work with the stock Powermaster and Baer offers a few different rotor options. Give them a call to find out what they all are specifially but I think the range from basic rotors to slotted to drilled and slotted rotors.

For anyone who has ordered this kit, will the 11" kit work with the stock powermaster and does Baer offer slotted only rotors?

Yes to all you asked, I carry the kits in stock, they are the best I have seen and used. Have the old 11" kit in my car and have never touched them since installing over 4 years ago. The kits today are even better and nicer, 2 piece rotor and aluminum hub design, completely assembled with hub, rotor, caliper and bearings assembled on the spindle. Also comes with new braided stainless steel lines for easy installation, just pop the ball joints and tie rod end, remove complete assembly and replaced new assembled spindle and brakes. Bleed em and go..... it doesn't get any better. I really don't see anything that compares to the quality of all the parts used for this kit.. it's worth every penny they cost.

CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE, KITS ARE LISTED THERE, GIVE ME A CALL AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT OPTIONS..

Awesome, I was hoping the great one would stop by.

Two more questions for you Jack. When doing this upgrade I also plan on replacing my a-arms with a tubular set, but still using the stoct turbo-T wheels. Is this possible and will this have any effect on installation/performance.

Secondly, what advantages are there in a 2 piece rotor?

The 2 piece rotor is so save weight. The middle is made of aluminum and bolts to the outer part of the rotor which is steel.