ball bearing turbos

mike lee

why doesnt limit offer ballbearing turbos for buicks? Any feed back on turbonetics ballbearing turbos looking to go with te 60 are they worth the extra money ? how are there street manners I am running art carr 3800 stall with 50# injectors casper thumwheel 206/206 cam champion ported and polished heads and reds duble pumper cars best is 11/15 @ 121 thanks for help mike lee itflies2@yahoo.com:D :confused:

Originally posted by mike lee
why doesnt limit offer ballbearing turbos for buicks? Any feed back on turbonetics ballbearing turbos looking to go with te 60 are they worth the extra money ? how are there street manners I am running art carr 3800 stall with 50# injectors casper thumwheel 206/206 cam champion ported and polished heads and reds duble pumper cars best is 11/15 @ 121 thanks for help mike lee itflies2@yahoo.com:D :confused:

They do sell turbos for the Buicks. They sell all the ball bearing GT series turbos that Garrett makes. Garrett does not yet have a turbo that uses the 3 bolt exhaust housing that the Buicks use. There are a couple of options. You can make some 4 bolt headers, or you can get a GT turbo with the Precision exhaust housing. Precision machines their own exhaust housings, so they have ones that bolt onto the Buick headers. John Craig will sell these turbos, or you can get them through me as I am a dealer for Limit Engineering.:)

You could probably run a GT72 Innovative double ball bearing with that much stall on your car.

Single ball bearing probably a 70 with 3800 stall.

Then you'd need new 72 lbs. injectors and ecm. :cool:

Call Jack Cotton if you want ball bearing turbo info. :)

First off, your stall is way too high, 3800 should be somewhere like 3000 if you are wanting a T60 turbo, second, you don't need a BB with that combo. If you were going with a bigger turbo like Allen sugested, then somewhere around a 70 would be more like it. If BB is what you want, give me a call and we can go over your combo in more detail and work it out to be killer. I distribute the Turbonetics turbos as well as have access to the new Garrett GT series turbos and components.
hope that helps,