Bandimere shutting down in October

Wild Horse Pass is scheduled to close here in Phoenix, too.

They claim they’re looking for a new location……

I say we’re losing a yet another racing venue. We also are out of racing venues locally after this.

Wild Horse Pass is scheduled to close here in Phoenix, too.
Will you have any other options locally?

I say we’re losing a yet another racing venue. We also are out of racing venues locally after this.

Tucson, 100 miles away. Not tooooo far, but it's still a hike.

Great track, terrible air. Not as bad as yours, but touching 2400 feet in elevation in a desert.

Jim Hughes, of the Hughes Performance Transmissions family, operates the track.

He's a good dude.

I often hear "someone" is going to build "something" here in the Phoenix area, but I think it's mostly wishful thinking.

Last edited:

I'm Sad, Why don't sell it and let someone else keep it open

I'm Sad, Why don't sell it and let someone else keep it open
I think it’s more along the lines of they want the land. I’ve read for more stupid ass high density housing & I’ve heard Amazon.

Hopefully they find a spot. Out by DIA used to be a ghost town & an airport. Now they’re jamming crapshacks into any open plot of land. Out there would be nice.

The metro area & CO are quickly becoming quite the shithole. Not to mention Maverick is buying Kum&Go. Not sure what that’ll to do the E85 options other than Hill Petroleum.

I was at a VP fuels vendor the other day (mid April 2023) and 100, and several other fuels were priced at $127.00 per 5 gallons. Yup, that's $25.40 per gallon!
A lot of peeps can barely afford to build a performance street/strip car, or dedicated race car, and the $25.40 per gallon is the final nail in the coffin. Plus $5.00/ gallon for a car hauler or truck/trailer that gets 8 mpg towing, just to get the car there and back, Your race day may cost $200.00 per trip, not counting entry, tires, lunch, and wear and tear.
No cars equals no spectators, which equals no tracks.
LETS GO BRANDON!
I'm an Athiest, but if there is a Hell, I hope they keep a spot open for him and his minions!
We need a Republican back in the White House!
I'm hoping for a Desantis/Abbot or Noem ticket, only because my ex hero Trump just doesn't seem to know when to shut up! Nor stop attacking our Republican allies!
JMHO TIMINATOR

E85 Is not universally available here in AZ, and the alcohol content varies from about 45% up to ? So what % do you tune to? I believe our last governor wrote an edict that allows anything more than 50% to be labeled as E85. WTF?
I know a guy that carries a hydrometer in his car, and samples the fuel and adds M1 out of a 5 gallon bucket carried in the trunk. I'm not gonna do that. My car is a mountain cruiser, and that's too much hassle for me.
We can't always RELIABLY source 91 (our highest pump grade here)either.
So, I got a Razor kit, and will do what I can and stay conservative on the tune.
Turbo cars are fun here in the mountains! I've owned 2 other 87 GNs, but my all time favorite was in 1982 when I built up a 79 Pinto with a turbo'ed 2300 OHC at 20 lbs! It ran high12s on the motor BEFORE I turbo'ed it. I briefly had an old Paxton on it for a few months too, the throttle response was better than the turbo, but it would only make 9lbs. max. So, back to the turbo! I made a water injection setup with boost pressurizing the tank, and the injection nozzle was in front of the turbo inlet, so it was progressive with boost. It worked, I never hurt any parts, but I was afraid to put a bigger jet in there to really crank the boost. I thought I might hurt the compressor blades.
Ahhhhh, the old days.......
TIMINATOR

E85 Is not universally available here in AZ, and the alcohol content varies from about 45% up to ? So what % do you tune to? I believe our last governor wrote an edict that allows anything more than 50% to be labeled as E85. WTF?
I know a guy that carries a hydrometer in his car, and samples the fuel and adds M1 out of a 5 gallon bucket carried in the trunk. I'm not gonna do that. My car is a mountain cruiser, and that's too much hassle for me.
We can't always RELIABLY source 91 (our highest pump grade here)either.
So, I got a Razor kit, and will do what I can and stay conservative on the tune.
Turbo cars are fun here in the mountains! I've owned 2 other 87 GNs, but my all time favorite was in 1982 when I built up a 79 Pinto with a turbo'ed 2300 OHC at 20 lbs! It ran high12s on the motor BEFORE I turbo'ed it. I briefly had an old Paxton on it for a few months too, the throttle response was better than the turbo, but it would only make 9lbs. max. So, back to the turbo! I made a water injection setup with boost pressurizing the tank, and the injection nozzle was in front of the turbo inlet, so it was progressive with boost. It worked, I never hurt any parts, but I was afraid to put a bigger jet in there to really crank the boost. I thought I might hurt the compressor blades.
Ahhhhh, the old days.......
TIMINATOR
Here in So Cal the climate is temperate so the alcohol content of the E-85 at the station is pretty consistent. I know in other parts of the country where it get cold in the winter the alcohol content varies quite a bit. Typically the percentage of alcohol will decrease in winter time to aid in cold start.

I keep my boost level at 25psi on the street with conservative timing and AFR so if I get a tank of E-70 it's not a concern. If I really wanted to eliminate any variables I would install a flex fuel sensor in the system but I haven't seen the need to this point. With an equivalent of 108 octane for roughly 3 bucks a gallon how can you go wrong?

Neal

I had thought about the flexfuel deal, but haven't checked into it yet. it goes on the fuel rail I think but do you need an aftermarket computer or just plug in a "magic box" into our stock computer?
TIMINATOR