Bar-b-que

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 170
I just sent several more pictures to Lou, please contact him and post the pictures or sen me you e-mail and I will send them to you directly

jlehmannjr said:
I just sent several more pictures to Lou, please contact him and post the pictures or sen me you e-mail and I will send them to you directly
--------------------------
Thanks, John, would appreciate it much.
gary-l-wells@msn.com

More Pics

Here are somemore pics from Sat.....Enjoy :D

Attachments

• 2006_0304GNbbq0015.JPG
    2006_0304GNbbq0015.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 2006_0304GNbbq0016.JPG
    2006_0304GNbbq0016.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 2006_0304GNbbq0017.JPG
    2006_0304GNbbq0017.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 2006_0304GNbbq0018.JPG
    2006_0304GNbbq0018.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 2006_0304GNbbq0019.JPG
    2006_0304GNbbq0019.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 96
More Pics

Attachments

• 2006_0304GNbbq0020.JPG
    2006_0304GNbbq0020.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 2006_0304GNbbq0021.JPG
    2006_0304GNbbq0021.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 97
  • 2006_0304GNbbq0022.JPG
    2006_0304GNbbq0022.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 2006_0304GNbbq0023.JPG
    2006_0304GNbbq0023.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 97
Nice turn out, The food was good and everyone else

I wish I could have stayed till the end because I hate leaving early. Me and the Wife had reservations in Catalina Island, so we had to leave and not miss the boat. The next one I'll or we'll be part of the first and the last to go. I have pics, but everytime I try to post they say the size is too big. I will post the two of the group picture and others, hopefully ones that are not alrady posted. Thank you Bob and I believe you said spell it Kevan not Kevin, If I mispelled my bad. Just think if we could get the guys from Central and Northern California to meet up with us, We would be a Turbo Buick community to be reckoned with.

One of these days when my car is more presentable, I'll come to one of these get togethers. I get props for the car pretty often, but when you get close, its a ripple monster and has alot of cracking bondo. I wanna at least get my passenger side door fixed (8 inch long bondo crack), replace the rear passenger coil (it sags), get my 9-11 converter fixed and installed, tranny itself fixed along with all the oil leaks. I fix one thing and 5 more things go wrong. Hopefully I can get somewhere with this thing. It runs pretty good now, but its just not presentable compared to all my past cars. Dont want anyone thinking that I consider this a nice car. :cool:

its not all about the looks

it's the number of supporters who show up, and the people you meet ;) I brought my El Camino out, not even a GN, but people respected it for what it is, and its ugly :tongue: maybe we'll see you next time? :)

VadersV6 said:
One of these days when my car is more presentable, I'll come to one of these get togethers. I get props for the car pretty often, but when you get close, its a ripple monster and has alot of cracking bondo. I wanna at least get my passenger side door fixed (8 inch long bondo crack), replace the rear passenger coil (it sags), get my 9-11 converter fixed and installed, tranny itself fixed along with all the oil leaks. I fix one thing and 5 more things go wrong. Hopefully I can get somewhere with this thing. It runs pretty good now, but its just not presentable compared to all my past cars. Dont want anyone thinking that I consider this a nice car. :cool:
---------------------------------------
Brent: Some of these cars are workhorses. some are primadonnas, and some are wallflowers, but all serve some function, if nothing else than to be blamed for the owners lack of finances. Almost all are work in progress of some type. I do not know of a single owner there that was not proud of their car. You need to come out and play sometime with the rest of us and be an outsider looking in, just as most of us are.

TURBOELKY said:
it's the number of supporters who show up, and the people you meet ;) I brought my El Camino out, not even a GN, but people respected it for what it is, and its ugly :tongue: maybe we'll see you next time? :)
-------------------------------
Actually, Jeremy, I thought that the Elco was a pretty nice ride. It's far from ugly. Nice color scheme and paint, and very nice color accenting on the rims. Nice interior, too. You really have a lot to be proud of. It also seemed to do very well in the attention department.

Thanks Gary

I often take it out to Bobs in Burbank, it gets a little attention, but not like the bar-b-que. I've been wrenching on the thing for over 5 years, and would like to toutch on what you said earlier to vadersv6, cars like these are never finished. And just when you think they are, boom, next thing you know, your pulling out your v8, and swapping in a turbo gn package into the thing ;) :D
but thanks again Gary. The wheels and engine parts that are blue were actually painted by yours truely, my first 2 stage paint attempt, they came out alright for a firstimer! too bad I cant paint a whole car like that :redface:
I'm really looking foreward to the next event like that, as long as I dont have to go home from work early because I feel sick :eek: I hope my boss dont see this :D

TURBOELKY said:
..............................I'm really looking foreward to the next event like that, as long as I dont have to go home from work early because I feel sick :eek: I hope my boss dont see this :D
-----------------------------------------
It's unfortunate, but bosses can read. They also like to read what you post on line if you let them know where you hang around at on the www. Never a good idea to let them know what boards you belong to. Don't ask how I know.

TURBOELKY said:
cars like these are never finished. And just when you think they are, boom....... :D

Amen to that. Sorry I had to stop it at the boom part, cause.....well.....these cars go boom a little too often. LOL

Ditto, But that may be because I have an EL Co also so I may be biased.

Wells said:
-------------------------------
Actually, Jeremy, I thought that the Elco was a pretty nice ride. It's far from ugly. Nice color scheme and paint, and very nice color accenting on the rims. Nice interior, too. You really have a lot to be proud of. It also seemed to do very well in the attention department.

I cant see why you would even say your car is ugly. I thought it is one of the nicest ones I have seen, And believe me I have seen alot, and I have alot of pictures of El Co's and to add the v6 with the hair drier :D Man I really wanted to do that with mine. I just have too much on my plate right. Excellent job with the color combo and the ROC's.

TURBOELKY said:
I often take it out to Bobs in Burbank, it gets a little attention, but not like the bar-b-que. I've been wrenching on the thing for over 5 years, and would like to toutch on what you said earlier to vadersv6, cars like these are never finished. And just when you think they are, boom, next thing you know, your pulling out your v8, and swapping in a turbo gn package into the thing ;) :D
but thanks again Gary. The wheels and engine parts that are blue were actually painted by yours truely, my first 2 stage paint attempt, they came out alright for a firstimer! too bad I cant paint a whole car like that :redface:
I'm really looking foreward to the next event like that, as long as I dont have to go home from work early because I feel sick :eek: I hope my boss dont see this :D

Great job will be doing that conversion to my EL Camino soon was a clen El Camino until they stole it my doors seats tail gate complete engine and trans :( :( :mad: was going to put a LT1 in in but i saw your i was like hell yeah :eek:

Attachments

• 100_0010.JPG
    100_0010.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_0009.JPG
    100_0009.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 78
87 SS El Camino

here is a before shot just had put 20 inch Irocs

Attachments

• 100_0008.JPG
    100_0008.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 111
Huh!

:confused: Im lost on this one. Either you accidently put the wrong picture or you are trying to say something. Ok I looked at the previous picture. I see now. Not confused anymore.

that sucks

sorry for the loss, people dont understand how hot the el camino's and monte's are too, they think only gn's are wanted :rolleyes: but you'd better stop that talk on the el camino's on this board before the gn's get jealous ;) :D j.k. if you do the swap and need a hand, let me know, I probably could tell you every nut and bolt size and location on the g-body's from frame to headliner. Give me a call. 818-837-8313. I'm usually home after 5 p.m, off sun. mon. Is that el camino a factory floor shift? p.m me or start a thread in the hybrid section so we dont get yelled at by Gary for taking over the bbq thread :D

TURBOELKY said:
sorry for the loss, people dont understand how hot the el camino's and monte's are too, they think only gn's are wanted :rolleyes: but you'd better stop that talk on the el camino's on this board before the gn's get jealous ;) :D j.k. if you do the swap and need a hand, let me know, I probably could tell you every nut and bolt size and location on the g-body's from frame to headliner. Give me a call. 818-837-8313. I'm usually home after 5 p.m, off sun. mon. Is that el camino a factory floor shift? p.m me or start a thread in the hybrid section so we dont get yelled at by Gary for taking over the bbq thread :D
----------------------------------------
I would never yell at you guys, but thanks for the consideration. I suppose that it should be in the hybrid section, even though the air traffic that we have had recently due to the barbeque was great. Probably as much traffic as some of the more popular sections. It was great. Sort of like gave us a place in history.